paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

That's some meaningful input

In Reply to: Cost vs Value posted by Dale on August 12, 2003 at 21:13:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Kerry "V i p e r" Rosenberry
on August 12, 2003 at 22:30:06

It's reasonable and well thought out. I've actually been giving some thought to BYOP. However, there are some serious issues that you may not realize with BYOP.

*Smaller paint order due to the fact that many will BYOP. This means higher wholesale pricing to the field or promoter. Would I be able to add that to the BYOP paint fee?

*Absolutely no support from the paint sponsor. They donate most of the prizes in return for you putting their paint in tha hands of players and field owners who usually use another brand. If you're not generating new customers you are of little use to them promotionally. This means the thousands of dollars in doorprizes and advertizing go out the window. You can make up a little of it with lost of phone calls to manufacturers and by picking up media sponsors, but you'll come up short, so you'll have to make up for it out of pocket. Would I be able to add that to the BYOP paint fee?

*With the large amount of paint used at my events, the paint sponsor often brings out a truck and dishes out the paint, then takes what doesn't sell back with them. With a smaller order they wouldn't perform this service. I would also have no idea how much we needed. Order sparingly and I could run out. Order too much and I could end up with a houseful of paintballs afterward. I don't own a paintball field. What would I do with them?

I'm not trying to dump on your post or flame you in any way. I'm just being candid just as you were in your post. This is a good discussion, and I hope it can continue.

Thanks a lot for the input. The players' opinions are what makes it possible for us to try and give you what you want.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.