paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

He has a REAL Good Point. ADVERTIZING

In Reply to: Re: it's NOT at all like fat food posted by skunkboy on August 14, 2003 at 23:34:06:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on August 15, 2003 at 18:41:49

I regulary post flyers at all the local paintball stores that lists All the Big Games and Scenerio Games within about 4 hours driving distance.

I don't know how many times the flyers get 'accidently pulled' from the stores that also have fields. Seems they don't want a 'light day' at their field on the Scenerio Game Day...

I don't know how many times I've been up at the paintball store and asking customers if they are going to the scenerio game this weekend.

"What GAME?" they say. "Wished I'd known about it."

They know NOTHING ABOUT IT even though they have walked right past the flyer every time they came in the store for the last 4 months!

Now I keep changing the flyer's format so it looks NEW.

Then a successful field here decided to buy some commerial time and a DJ celiberity to play paintball on a given Saturday. So they got a lot of air time for which they paid dearly, I'm sure.

Guess what? The place was crawling with paintball players and a whole heard of people that have never played before in their life.

The manager said they actually made a little extra money for that Saturday but their average attendance for rental business went up steadily
for about 6 weeks after that.

There are thousands of paintball marker owners in this area. Run a few radio spots for a week before and then starting 3 days before the game all you can afford to buy. Just the teen station(s) They would COME if they just knew about it.

SCENERIO GAME ADVERTIZING IS INTERNET ONLY. A MISTAKE!

THE INTERNET ADVERTIZING IS FORUMS AND FORUM CALENDARS. If you don't view the forum on a bi weekly basis, it is off the main page and a couple of days.

You have to WANT to find out about scenerio games to use the calendars.

NO REAL TARGETED ADVERTIZING. I'd love some SPAM about scenerio games.... Producers just fighting over my October paintball budget.. It ain't happening................

Got to ask. Where are the players that haven't played a scenerio game yet? How do they find out. Word of Mouth.....

The comments here say the pie is only so big and there are a bunch of new producers with D Day envy and want their piece of the pie. Market saturation.

True at any given point in time there are only so many players. And 80% have no idea you are having a game in their area...

Word of Mouth got D Day where it is.. It took YEARS.

I say MAKE THE PIE BIGGER!

Question: What IS your marketing plan?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.