paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: Have you ever watched an NXL game?

In Reply to: Have you ever watched an NXL game? posted by megabyte on November 06, 2003 at 12:50:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Fluke
on November 07, 2003 at 03:56:30

I'd like to first state that I hope other referees for our national level have better grammar that yourself.

Second off I'd just like to disclaim a few things and agree with a few things.
It is hard, isn't it, with all the pressure on you guys, trying to simulataneously be bought off and prevent what they are trying to buy you off for. I.e. cheating. We all know about the controversy lately surrounding the referees in the PSP 10 man. (Dynasty ring a bell, anyone?)
I am the first to defend a referee, as the job is rough. But that's what you signed on for and I am sure you can take it. If not, go elsewhere.
As for this bullhockey as to swearing being a part of every sport, swearing is apart of our world, period, but that doesn't mean that my 7 year old brother who wants to be a pro paintball player one day should be hearing foul words coming out of his hero's mouth. I stated before and I stated again that I am lucky in that the pro players I know are all decent wonderful people from what I've seen and are good role models for us all. Swearing at other people, especially on the field is downright bad sportsmanship -- so unless you support the downfall of our sport, you should at least peripherally worry about it.

The third statement I'd like to address is ... what are you going on about PSP only being X-ball? Last time I checked, and I could be wrong here, but PSP is a league. ...NXL is a league. For X-ball. Specifically. Why should PSP give up it's roots for X-ball? You can harbor our future and our past together. And we should be. PSP needs to stick to 10 man, period. It's not going anywhere, X-ball is not going to be the only competative paintball any time soon. So suck it up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.