paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: Not sure what your saying...

In Reply to: Not sure what your saying... posted by megabyte on November 12, 2003 at 09:34:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Rebel50

on November 12, 2003 at 13:42:20

:
: : : : : Ok well I guess your in your own little world called fantasy land. Its impossible to stop the swearing, man when rosie or darrel (coach NY extreame, and philadelphia allamericans) get mad they natually say fu*k and sh*t etc to penalize everyone for every little thing is counter productive.

: : : : Wrong.... It can be eliminated when they finally realize that the wrong word WILL cost them on the field. The real question is, why do the powers who run these leagues put up with it? Don't give me thistricycle about swearing being a part of the sport or any sport for that matter. Swearing or vulgarity in any form is not acceptable when you're trying to legitimize your product.

: : : Well on this point we will have to disagree, like I said before come join me on the field and you call every penalty you see. Show me how to do it! Lets see how long you last if you call everything by the exact letter of the law.
: : : :

: : What? How long I last because I enforce the rules as written? BTDT, junior, and had the full backing of the Ultimate.

: Im not sure exactly what your saying in the first part of your paragraph? Is some of the text missing? As for the last part, you have not changed my mind on swearing. I do agree that something should be done but I dont think refs are the answer. The league could crack down on swearing easier than any ref could. To tell you the truth I dont notice swearing at all im 100% focused on all the other things going on that will change the outcome of the game such as cheating and all the possibilities that come with that word (marker manipulation, wiping, playing on etc etc) but I nominate you to run around (with security) and enforce the no swearing policies as written in the NXL-rules manual.

to quote you exactly, "Lets see how long you last if you call everything by the exact letter of the law."
What part of enforcing the rules needs to be explained? If they are written down where EVERYONE can read them AND YOU enforce those rules AS WRITTEN there should be NO problems. But, as in any other competition, from softball to paintball, the higher the classification, the bigger the cry-babies because they figure if they scream loud enough and long enough, they'll eventually get their way. And isn't that why the league has referees? To be the EYES and EARS of the League as their on-field representative. To enforce whose rules they have put forth? So... you only use one of the five senses? You can't hear and see at the same time?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.