paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

If you were in Norway now it would be free!

In Reply to: scheduling conflicts / the cost of paintball /and posted by dave on September 24, 2003 at 13:49:15:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Hipkiss - Twilight Zone

on September 24, 2003 at 15:47:17

Paintball is not a cheap activity, and while promoters have some control over this, it’s not as much as people think.

Sure there is a mark up on paint, but I do buy into the argument that they are entitled to try and clear some profit (again I’ll insert a quiet request that somehow my second case of paint be cheaper than my first). $50 seems a reasonable base cost for a day’s worth of entertainment that is supported by quite a few bodies (many you don’t even see). I can’t rent DVD’s for much less to fill in that much time, I certainly can’t golf for that long, or hang out at amusement parks etc. Air? I pay pretty much the same for air the country over. So a promoter gets that on the cuff.

But wait! I’ve got gas money that’s $30, I have two nights of hotel $180, I eat probably five meals over the course of the weekend (Friday-Sunday Lunch), let’s say $40, there’s $15 in sports drink, water, and maybe a snack. I forgot something I need to replace at Walmart $15…wait its my stupid boots! $50!!!never make that mistake for a fourth time ;-).

My point is there’s $270 out of my pocket that has nothing to do with a promoter at all.
The $10-20 that a promoter and field owner can save me really isn’t much of a savings held up against the whole package, and some are trying to save me or create a better game as it is.

Sure I would love to be able to play more; but as it is, it just make me more careful of what events I do play

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.