paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: you miss the point ---

In Reply to: Re: you miss the point --- posted by dave on September 24, 2003 at 21:01:46:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Wretched

on September 24, 2003 at 21:29:24

- I understand what you're saying and its not different than fields. The business is the same, special events are the micro version of a full scale field. What you're complaining about is not being able to attend two games due to affordability? Well again, you're the prized customer, if everyone thought like that promoters would be very wealthy. What you're complaining about is competition, and why couldn't you have a game near you every weekend?? If the games were affordable, if a format was adopted to host games every weekend would you attend? Not based on the price you're paying now right? Thus competition is necessary and healthy. People have a finite amount of income, most people will not plan to spend $500 or so dollars per event at two events in one month, thus they're forced to choose. The promoters therefore are competing for that once a month $500 per player. Again a great benefit to you because of the game they offer.

I think that most of the quality of each game has a LOT to do with how the promoter produces it. If you're telling me that you're paying a producer to bring in random players to make your experience more entertaining and fruitful, then you're mistaken. Do you go to amusement parks because of the people you're taking the rides with? NO, you go for the rides. Same with scenario games, you should be going for the entertainment value of that promoters game. Do you disagree that if a producer put together games, at an affordable price that knocked peoples socks off, they would get more players? They would absolutely get more players! So what drives that? Demand does and consumer expectations.

Example, if producer A offers a game for a total package of $200 and its a killer game with great props at a great field, and promoter b offers a game for a total package of $250 and its an okay game with okay props, at an okay field, which would you choose? Not both, Producer A of course. Ever hear the commercial "When banks compete you win" ? Same theory here, when promoters compete you, the player, wins. You get a better product at a better price so the choice regardless of producer is easy.

And I have found that at most games players are nice, the better promoters will attract more players. The players that ruin this are the ones who declare loyalty to one promoter, turn political, and ruin other players fun. Its senseless to do this.

your turn,

Wretched

: well its a bit differant than fields which you can go to at anygiven time its an event done once in a while ---- and yes not all player will choice to go to both or dont have the same times free --- if you follow the trends here you will see people complaining that games are scheduled against each other --- i think that the people scheduling those games need to look into what the custumber expects from them -- personally in a perfect world i would want a game nearby me anytime i wanted to go but the market will not support that demand ( i live near ft myers ) do i want mxs and viper to keep coming to my area ( of course ) but they need to make a profit to do that so do the other feilds in a 3 4 hr drivve need to schedule against them ? my thoughts are if they all worked togather to space thier events in areas where things get busy and you have conflicts --- everyone would benefit-- i the player would have more games - with better attendance --- the event planner and field would make more money ---- as far as the quality of the product in the many games i have played -- many times the best quality of the game has nothing to do with the producer of the event or how they handled it - it is more with the people i played with and against --they usually are the deciding factor on whether a game was fun or not (met a lot of nice folks playng paintball i have )

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.