paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: you miss the point ---

In Reply to: you miss the point --- posted by dave on September 24, 2003 at 18:00:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Wretched

on September 24, 2003 at 20:19:25

I understand what you're saying Dave, I believe it's called the law of diminishing returns. You're assumption however is wrong in that the same players that attend promoter game a, will or must attend game b. You might as well ask the question, why are there ANY paintball fields within 50 miles of each other? The solution is simple economics, it is in your best interest as the consumer to have these games in close proximity to one another. The reason is simple, competition in any given market generates the best possible outcome for the consumer, or in this case, the player. If Game A were to be the only game in that month, then all of those potential players would only have one option of play. The result, promoter A can charge whatever he/she would like for their game and not necessarily offer the best game/product. The end result is most likely that you would pay a very high price and not necessarily get the best product. With promoters hosting games within weeks or even days of each other you now have choices based on affordability and quality.

If promoters know that they can offer you a not so great product at a higher price because you as a player have no other options and as a result maximize their profits, smart business men will do this. On the other hand if they're forced to compete for your $500 or so dollars, the end result to you is much better. I'm not trying to come off as arrogant or insulting, please dont take it that way, but this is basic econ for a healty marketplace.

: : its not the prices i questions its promotor a planning a game in the same area promotor b is a week or two later and the two promotors why they arent making the money they should ---- my theory is there are x number of players with y number of dollars which equals z profit to the promotor--- and its related to the time frame it all haappens in example in oct in a given 50 mile area there are only so many folks who play screncio pb that can spent the 500 or so dollars to do a game (2 players) 2 games instead of one you divide this number maybe not in half but you will draw perhaps 0nly 70 percent of what you could have

: opinions??

: dave the coalition

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.