paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: SPORTSMANSHIP MISSING IF FOUND PLEASE CALL......

In Reply to: SPORTSMANSHIP MISSING IF FOUND PLEASE CALL...... posted by BOB on September 15, 2003 at 21:15:32:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Garry "Hardball" Nees

on September 16, 2003 at 09:09:08

Bob, out of curioustiy when you volunteered to ref how many wipers/cheaters did you find. The reason I ask is that I'm sure some of your green team mates will probably swear on a stack of bibles that I'm one of them. Somewhere around 4:30 - 5:00 on Sat I was up front assaulting the south base. I had a nice nest with a fairly clear line of fire. A good spot to pick off the guys that ran to the big tree just north of the base. I was hit three times and yup I just kept on firing. Well, I kept on firing after one of the two medics within six feet of my position took my info, cleaned my hit. I even introduced the ref who was sent over to do the paint checks to the medics. Most of the guys on my team were right up front for most the game. We had a medic on our team, and I'll wager there are a lot of green players that want to be real free with claiming my guys were cheating. If it ain't a head hit you can be healed.

It was a classic example of Pacman's pre-game story about not always seeing what you think you see. I have also seen a ball hit a hopper, seen the paint spray from the break and yet find not a trace of paint on the hopper. No quarter size mark, no hit, but the guy who made the shot would swear it was.

Does cheating happen. Sure it does. What I try to impress on my guys is that before you slander someone's reputation be more than postive you're reporting what actually happened not what you think you saw happen.

For my part I don't worry what the other team is doing, I watch the guys around me. Like the guy at night with the handheld spolight. The light takes a hit, goes off for a sec and then comes right back on. No guy your dead, take the walk. Or the guy that takes a hit on the harness, etc. I watch for the ones that I am close enough to stand a fair chance of seeing what actually happens. The reality is that foretunatley the overwhelmingly vast majority of our fellow players are honest.

Garry Nees
Hardball

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.