paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: BoneBreak sponserd by panam and in first?

In Reply to: BoneBreak sponserd by panam and in first? posted by OlyGimp on November 21, 2003 at 12:04:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Zoo Crew
on November 24, 2003 at 21:37:56

: Does any one else think it is the stupidist thing in the world that Panams bonebreak, the team sponserd by the owner of panam, can play in the tournament, I personaly think its so crazy that a circute can sponser a team that is compeating for first in the very own tournament. I have no problem with bonebreak i just think they should play in nppl or psp
: What do you think?

I have known Dan Bonebrake for about 8 years, I have been playing his series since it was the GWS. I can personally attest to the integrity of Dan and he makes very sure that things are "right" at his tournaments. Dan would not risk losing his entire series to help his teams win. It would not be fair for Dan to have to pull sponsorship from all teams that play in the PanAm and it wouldn't be fair for all the teams sponsored by Dan not to be able to play, it just wouldn't make sense. Dan has also taken steps this season and even more so next season to remove himself from any sort of calls when it comes to reffing and reffing selection. He told me he wants to be a promoter, not a ultimate judge, not a paint salesman, etc... just a promoter putting on good tournaments. That way he will have absolutely no control over any calls. This year Randy Wood was in charge of the reffing and from what I have seen from Randy he is also a straight up guy and does not play favorites. He'd be the first to leave the circuit if he thought the series was rigged, it's just not a reasonable idea for anyone involved.

You'll find in paintball that there is a lot of conflict of interest, it's because our sport is so young. Maybe one day there will be promoters that don't have there hands in other parts of the industries, or maybe the sponsors will all be out of industry, but until that times comes everyone has to deal with the perception that these situations present.

Dynasty just won the NPPL and Millennium series. Their major sponsor WDP, also runs the NPPL and is a major sponsor in the Millennium series, however you'd be hard pressed to find people that truely belive they were handed the series. The same holds true for Dan and his teams.

-Ron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.