paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Murder Inc Tourney Players Beware!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Rueben

on July 22, 2003 at 02:18:50

IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND A MURDER INC TOURNAMENT - PLEASE READ FOR WARNING!!!

Recently, Murder Inc Paintball posted a thread announcing an upcoming tournament. Because I felt they handled their last tournament this past weekend unfairly to the novice and rookie teams who attended I posted a warning to furture MI tourney attendees. Murder Inc's owner who posts on PBNation & Warpig decided to take a rude approach to my opinions by showing his anger on these boards. I guess I made some sense because others are beginning to agree and post on Warpig. Murder Inc decided to delete the thread to cover up their mistake. I believe the players have a right to know how MI runs their tournaments.
Below are the posts that were written before MI deleted everything:
-------------------------------------------------------------
My warning to MI Tourney Players:
i highly suggest anyone wanting to participate in this tourney call the store and verify that the store novice team is not playing.
their store sponsored novice team just won the last tournament this past weekend.
i don't think it's fair to take the outrageous $250 per team from rookies and novice level players to let their store sponsored team come in and win top prize.
just FYI
:(
---------------------------------------------------------------
MI's Angry Response:
THE STORE SPONSORED NOVICE TEAM WON BECAUSE THEY PLAYED GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AGAINST THE 6 OTHER TEAMS IN THE TOURNAMENT. IN OUR LAST TOURNAMENT THEY FINISHED 4TH PLACE. OUR 2 YOUNG GUNS TEAMS ALSO PLAYED AND FINISHED LAST PLACE. AS WITH ALL TOURNAMENTS, SOME TEAMS WILL WIN AND SOME TEAMS WILL COMPLAIN. JUST BECAUSE WE SPONSER A WINNING TEAM IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT. LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM THERE, THEY PAID THEIR ENTRY FEE AND THEY PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT. I PERSONALLY THINK THEY SHOULD BE CONGRATULATED ON THEIR WIN........YES, WE SUCK FOR NOT CANCELING THE WHOLE DAMN THING WHEN WE ONLY HAD 7 TEAMS REGISTER. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT FOR THE TEAMS THAT BOOKED HOTELS. AND WE GAVE OUT EVERY PRIZE PROMISED TO BOOT.
---------------------------------------------------------------
My Follow up:
nice attitude :(
so you DO allow your own teams to play. thats not a very good business choice.
btw, i'm not the only one who thinks this. does todd, ed or any other respected tourney promoters allow their teams to compete? no.. jimmy d doesn't even allow it and he's probably the worst one out there for biased tournaments
i think people deserve the right to know... don't you?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately, I could not see ahead that Murder Inc was going to delete their thread. Therefore, I did not get to copy the last response from MI which was the rudest of all posts nor did I get to copy my last response. I believe that the deletion of the thread is evidence enough that my point was made. Murder Inc's owner proceeded to call me a whining loser that didn't get their way, very mature way of handling things for a business owner. I responded with the fact that I was a spectator at the event and did not like the way I saw it handled. I also responded that any field that runs their operations in this manner should be boycotted. I said nothing that was untrue or unwarranted. Running a tournament with these unethical last minute tricks to try to save some money and prizes are a dirty way of running a business. MI admitted that they were disgusted with the turn out and would rather have cancelled but did make the smart choice of not ruining players weekend with hotel reservations, long drives there, etc. I applaud MI's choice not to cancel the tournament, however, I do not enjoy watching a company allow their own sponsored team to participate as a ploy to sell more paint, win prizes back or possibly cut losses.

Players! Beware of fields who handle tournaments in this manner. Steer clear of them and save your money for fields who want to see you enjoy your day and succeed.

- EX-Murder Inc Patron

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.