paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

It is OK to 'whine' about SAFETY...

In Reply to: Oklahoma D-day - What a Whinner posted by Prussianman1 on January 11, 2004 at 13:33:10:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on January 12, 2004 at 12:50:25

I'm a FAN and ADVOCATE for the sport. PERIOD!

That INCLUDES D DAY. IT HAS LONG STANDING PROBLEMS that need to be addressed by their Management.

I'm NOT the only voice. Just one of the LOUDEST!

Supporting the sport's safety got me banned from attending D Day this year...

So much for the AMERICAN VALUES he professes to memorialize by honoring the men that sacrificed their lives on D Day to protect the freedoms we enjoy today. He does't even believe in the 1st Ammendement if it MIGHT impact on his pocketbook!

Hey, Dewayne! I WILL STOP COMPLAINING TODAY if you tell me you will give a hand held chrono to every ref this year and hold violaters from Both sides in their Insertion Points for an HOUR's Penality.

Skip the 'thousands of dollars' in drawing prizes and have drawing for some slightly used, hand held chronos (with batteries included) AFTER the game.. Who wouldn't love to have one?

How about it? Repond right here for everyone to see. One way or another. Yes or No.

Can we expect a safe game with chrono rules VISIBLY being enforced ON the field? Yes or No.

NEXT ITEM:
FYI I also limited my complaints and feedback to E mail and then, after no response, to his website until he started deleting my posts.

Well, since he doesn't want address even safety issues, then I guess the paintball community needs to be made aware.

I will admit to putting pressure on him at this point to pubically address his games safety issues. He obviously needs to get the message before someone gets seriously hurt and he can't get insurance that WE can afford to pay in a registration fee..

You don't see me posting publically about the problems with the Tour of Duty games. Every producer has problems. That is because Bill Baily RESPONDED to e mails and is trying to do something about it. He recognizes that there IS a problem... He has a solution and a plan. I can be patient until it comes to player safety.

Every game and every producer has problems. They learn and adapt. Trying to make the games better next time. If people have fun, they come back.

I guarantee EVERYONE that I will be D Day's BIGGEST FAN if Dewayne effectively addresses his game's chronic safety problems and curtailing the outrageous two sets of rules stuff.

And I still would go to the game this year and support it with my checkbook.

It is ALSO a GREAT FIELD! Who could deny that!

Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars Invested.

No place in the WORLD LIKE IT!

It is a unique and special paintball EXPERIENCE. No denying that either!

It is a great game and the field is getting better every year! The New Altantic Wall was awesome.

BUT SINCE YOU BROUGHT OLD NEWS UP >>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, the problem with the French player came up and was over BEFORE the game even started. He was physically assaulted by a German Officer who grabbed his marker and broke it. This was all because the Frenchman was deployed per orders and game rules for the French Resistance. You all may recall the French ALSO occupied the same turf as the German's did on D Day.. Occupied France.

So the German officer decided to take things into his own hands even though it was suggested to him to call a ref over.

Now the Frenchman admits to being obstinate and role playing because that entire German squad was patroling the area looking for other French Resistance players. There were other French players within 50 yards when all this took place. He was stalling the patrol by not taking any orders from that'Nazi Officer Swine'.

Then it got REALLY STRANGE.

The Ref took both players to Dewayne. Dewayne refused to call the police so the French player could file an arrest warrant against the German for assault. Dewayne refused to give the French player access to the office phone to call himself! There are no pay phones.

The German player refused to display his wristband with player ID number on it or Identify himself with picture ID after giving a Latino last name. He didn't look very 'Latino'. Dewayne was asked to obtain that information from the player and Dewayne again refused.

Instead Dewayne threatened the French player with being ejected from the game IF he did get the police involved.

Then he told the German player (used his first name indicating Dewayne personnally KNEW the guy) to return to the field and 'GET LOST'. Most prosecuting Attorneys would call that obstruction of justice if he did that during a police investigation. But it wasn't, so it was legal. Still, that was outrageous.

THAT ALONE tells you HOW the Germans get the Idea they can do ANYTHING they WANT and get away with it. Right from Dewayne's mouth and actions. With a wink, a nod, and a smile to boot.

Now EVERYTIME you guys bring that subject UP. I will repeat that story. I'm sure Dewayne would PREFER to let that particular mistake in judgement fade out of public view. And I am willing to call it a mistake in judgement. I've made worse myself. Cost my business thousands of dollars, nearly my business, and almost my marriage. Anybody can make a bad judgement. The fault lies if you don't learn from it. I'm willing to give Dewayne the benefit of the doubt that he won't make that same mistake again. Let the cops handle alleged criminal acts and stay out of it. Let the cops and the prosecuting attourney handle it.

That kind of player behavior should not be tolerated PERIOD!

So are YOU saying THAT was OK? The acceptable standard of play at D Day? In paintball? I hope not.... or was it some 'other' Frenchman you were talking about..

NEXT ITEM:

Yeah the air went down last two years in a row. Duh! 3,000 people he WAS expecting and One compressor, Hour long lines and lucky to get 2000 psi of Nitro for a fill. You think he could afford to have it rebuilt the compressor or hire a air vendor for the $240,000 in registration fees he collected for 2003. Ever hear of Praxair?

Yeah. Only CO2 is available for the Allies on the field of play at their insertion points last 2 years in a row... Kind of keeps the high end Allied players off the field. Coincidence? Not after two + years of complaints by NUMEROUS players.

Bill Baily, a German Tanker and Producer for the Tour of Duty DID tank his tank out of the game and used it to deliver some air to a couple of insertion points Saturday Afternoon. Give him credit for TRYING to level the playing field a little. Bill does his best to do the right thing.

NEXT ITEM:
You didn't notice the hot guns? Guess you have to be on the receiving end of one to really 'notice'.

Lucky you, that the Allies followed the chrono rules. I refer people to my earlier post about the 455 fps machine gun on a German Tank that a ref let go. We had been on the receiving end of IT all afternoon.

NEXT ITEM:

The GAME ISN'T ARRANGED FOR THE GERMANS TO WIN?

Only the Germans were told there are 'NO Boundarys'. It was NOT in the video briefing. NOT is the public game briefing. Just in the German briefing along with a 'wink, nod, and a smile'.

WHO ON THE ALLIED SIDE WAS TOLD BY A 2003 GAME OFFICIAL THAT "THERE WERE "NO FIELD BOUNDARYS"?

ALLIED, Please correct me if I am wrong on this...!

Who EVER heard of No Boundarys at a paintball game? !! Geeeze Louise! That one doesn't even pass the 'Giggle Test'. Who isn't smiling after reading that one! Gimme a break!

NEXT ITEM:

Ditto the 2003 Tank on Tank Game. ONLY one German tank was advised it would not be called illegal if they use the sabot round fill paintballs in their machine gun. The VIDEO briefing STATED it was illegal to use sabot round fill paint in any marker and the player Would Be Ejected. So much for the rules.. A wink and an nod. Again...

Well, that GAVE the points for the Tank on Tank Battle to the Germans after they counted all the 'sabot round cannon hits' on the allied tank's kill plates.

NEXT ITEM:

The Rules said Mortars were allowed. Not for the Allies.... Don't know if that applied to the Germans or not. People spent money making them and were told they could be used and brought them.
They WERE headed for the new Atlantic Wall. A bunch of them.... But noooo... We changed our minds when you guys pulled up with all that hardware.

And that was just 2003 that I had first hand knowledge of.

Shall I go on? With the stuff I heard about but didn't see. Or drag 2002 back into this?

Maybe someone ELSE could share some of THEIR experiences so I'm not the only one 'Whining'here.

NEXT ITEM:

Excuse ME! 'Lost the last 3 years in a row'?
What year was the LAST time the Allies won? Anybody know?

If 'winning' was THAT important to me, all I have to do is sign up German, sit in a lawn chair, not contribute a thing, and drink beer all weekend. All I would have to do. All anyone would have to do to win that game.

I PLAY for fun and like to feel IF my side wins, it is because we EARNED it. When my side loses, we earned that too and learn from our mistakes.

All the Allies want at D Day is a LEVEL playing field. We want to win or lose based on our ability to play.

Just a CHANCE TO WIN if we play well.

NEXT ITEM:

By the way. For the 2003 Tour of Duty Series that D Day is part of, how many games did the Germans win that wasn't at the D Day field? It wasn't Panzer Attack, Battle of the Bulge, or the Battle for Berlin. I really don't know about the others. Not posted anymore on Bill's Website.

Did you win ANY?

Bill's Website just has the Final Tally for the Tour of Duty Series indicating that, in spite of the D Day gimme, the Allies kicked the GERMAN"S behinds enough to WIN the SERIES!

Is that why Dewayne does this? He feels sorry for you guys???? Or did you all just not come to the other games and play....

Speaking of excuses for losing, what's the German's excuses for getting TROUNCED the rest of the year and losing the Tour of Duty Series?

Had to play by ONE set rules?

The Allies have proved their ability to PLAY everywhere else.

All I want at D Day is:

A safe game you can bring a kid to. AND

ONE set of playing rules that everyone follows.

Who has a problem with that?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.