paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: xball?

In Reply to: Re: xball? posted by PigTech on June 06, 2003 at 09:35:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
megabyte

on June 06, 2003 at 14:27:03

: I totally disagree.

: X-Ball is way cool to play. X-Ball is cool to watch, X-Ball has a good shot at getting on TV. I don't think X-Ball has a good shot at being the dominant tourment format. Tournaments as they are now - big events with lots of teams, won't work with X-Ball, because X-Ball matches take so much longer to play. I think a more likely direction is that teams will be playing 5 or 10 man in order to qualify to get in to X-Ball competitions, or a blended type of format for big tournaments like World Cup, where the prelims are 5 man to sort out who goes into the X-Ball tournament that acts as the semifinals-finals. That's kind of the direction the NPPL has already gone - they play regular 7 man prelims, and quarterfinals, but then the finals you play the best 3 games out of 5 which is more like a mini X-Ball match.

: See you on the field,
: -Bill Mills

Well I dont know how else to say it but putting on tournaments is a money making venture for the promotors so they will do whatever is in their best interest to make money period. Now if you understand that concept whomever gets the TV rights will be the dominent form of paintball. With the best pros already in the NXL-Xball how can any other format have a chance?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.