paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: xball?

In Reply to: Re: xball? posted by PigTech on June 11, 2003 at 09:37:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
megabyte

on June 15, 2003 at 12:51:33

: See above. I think the NXL is the hot ticket to get paintball on TV right now - they've got the top teams, and a spectator friendly format - the coaching adds good drama too. I don't think the NXL being on TV will kill off all other paintball tournament formats though. Look at the ESPN paintball tournaments from the 90s - open speedball fields.

Im basing my observations from talking to some of the promoters. They (psp events) simply dont give a rats as* about non-x-ball formats teams. They want to push everyone into x-ball. I agree that x-ball seems to take longer but remember they play for 1.5 hours per day sometimes twice a day for 4 days. I dont think thats much longer in fact I think its shorter than playing or rather sitting around all day to play 4 or 5 games of 10 man per day.

Follow Ups:
  • Re: xball? silas "_shadow_" jordan 17:49:40 07/31/03 (0)

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.