paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: madness - good overall

In Reply to: madness posted by Jonathon on April 07, 2003 at 15:52:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
TeamPredator99

on April 07, 2003 at 16:35:25

Well, there are always gonna be blown calls by the refs - overall they did OK from what I saw. But one area I think they DO need to improve on is punishing playing on and wiping! I saw so much cheating it wasn't even funny! Guys doing it right on the tape line where the whole audience can see it! Like we're not gonna notice that orange splat on your hopper or the fact you wiped it off with your bunker as you so smoothly switched sides. Refs were letting them get away with it. If everytime somebody played on or got caught trying to disguise a wipe, the refs pulled a 1 for 1, you might not see it as much. And you have to be consistent, you can't call a 1 for 1 "playing on" penalty for an outside hopper hit, but then not for a guy with a hit on his wrist!
Overall the tourney was good, but not as good as the last 2 years. The tradeshow was very disappointing! Not as many vendors as years past and only a few booths had really good deals. CP wouldn't budge $1 on the prices even when the tourney was almost over. But Tom Kaye, being the nice guy and smart businessman he is, hooked up me and a friend with 2 Warp feeds for a pretty darn good deal ;) The one thing I did like over the last 2 years - this was the best field set-up yet! I think all the teams liked it. And a big shout-out to Rosie (the head-ref) for putting up with everyone's complaining and doing a great job of hearing your side even if the call remained the same, and also for grabbing a box of my stuff during the award ceremony so no one had a chance to gank it! And Bea, thanks for the 2002 Cup DVD. I checked out your website, pretty impressive! Hope to see you again soon. Milt and Paul - you guys helped it run smooth as usual, my only advice - stricter enforcement of wiping and playing on, without the b#llmarshmallow ones. and try to get more vendors to come. No ICD offering free tech work like last year was a let down. But overall - Good time!
Thanks,
-Tony Catanzaro
Cincinnati Allstars

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.