paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Round Paint that is FRESH

In Reply to: Paint for Spyder TL Plus posted by Breadfan on April 16, 2003 at 10:23:00:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on April 16, 2003 at 11:13:17

The more expensive paint is the Rounder and thus more accurate paint.

Marbs, Allstar, Diablo Inferno, RPS premium etc. etc. etc.
Go shopping for paint at you local field. Try this.

Ask what paint a guy is using. Borrow just one ball. Put it in your in the barrel with the seam facing front to back and hold it up to the light. Look for gaps of light around the side of the ball and barrel wall. Now take it out, turn it 90 degrees and put it back in the barrel with the seam touching the sides of the barrel. Hold it up to the light again.

Take some notes and rank that paint on a 1-5 scale. The more uniformly round the paint is, the more accurately it will shoot.

The next factor is shell chemistry and shell thickness.

Thicker shell reduces barrel breaks in cold weather. Thicker shells won't break on your opponent either. A definite negative.

ProBall ("Pro Bounce") is a thick shelled paint and great for shooting right through bushes and heavy grass at an opponent 15 feet away. A real Brush Hog. After you cut a hole in the bush, you hear an Ouch!. But forget trying to get a torso break at 25 yards.

Most shells are cellulose based and get brittle in cold weather (sub 40 F). Cellulose shells also get brittle with AGE. Stale / old paint breaks.

There is winter and summer paint for the SAME brand of paint. They can have thicker shells in the winter to reduce barrel breaks and / OR smaller overall diameter to allow some 'blowby' in the winter which also reduces acceleration of the ball in the barrel and thus barrel breaks.

"Polar Ice" is nothing but a thick shelled paint marketed for winter play...

JT2000 uses a starch based shell that doesn't get brittle in cold weather. It also breaks very well in the winter because the shell thickness is the same year round.

All that said. I just have to expess my opinion along with the multitude of opinions you will get.

The best paint for a spyder is:

I use "invisible paint". It is literally impossible to see incomming. People just don't duck!!!!!!!! They keep their head up and look around for the source of the paint 'Tracer Rounds' they are used to seeing and locating a threat by.

Send me an E mail and I'll send you a file all about it.

It is round but it is also "invisible".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.