paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Maybe just a bit more......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by short_round on October 24, 2002 at 11:49:40:

In Reply to: A nitro pre set is all you need. posted by Dale on October 22, 2002 at 14:42:26:

Though it is posible to just screw in an HPA system and play, a little extra work may be nessassary to make your marker more player friendly. First off, I believe that the spyder compact has a vertical bottle, you probably won't want to have a heavy HPA tank mounted in that fashion. In addition, spyder grips (at least the older ones) are not compatible with the standard bottomlines desighned for .45 style frames. You have a few choices: Buy a .45 frame, search around for a special bottom line, or make a drop forward that will allow you to mount a standard bottom line. If you are going to mount a large HPA system on gun you will also want a drop-forward. Keep in mind that most fiber wrapped tanks will weigh more than you marker, in order to balance it you will have to drop the tank down and move it up under your marker. When looking for drop-forwards remember that you are going for a pretty drastic change, many commercialy available models are all flash and no function.
Running remote probably is your best option on a spyder unless you have the tools to manufacture your own custom tank mounts. A remote set-up will probably be a cheaper way out but it is a system riddled with problems. My suggestion is to look for a good pack that will hold the tank firmly and slightly off set where you can reach the knob and it wont hit your spine when you run. Redz confort gear has a few models that are worth a look, if they where available when I started I may have stuck with a remote set-up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.