paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
A nitro pre set is all you need.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont on October 22, 2002 at 14:42:26:

In Reply to: going nitro on a spyder compact posted by petiepetie on October 21, 2002 at 19:43:49:

Preset tanks have a built in regulator that steps down the 3000 psi to about 900 psi.

Presets screw in just like a CO2 tank. Same thread.

There are dual regulated tanks. Two regulators for low pressure set ups. Add a lot of weight and expense to the tank. Those are the ones that take special mounts, plumbing, etc.

Avoid NitroDuck at all costs. About 1/3 of them are NOT compatable with a Spyder. The valve stem is not opened at all or barely open so you have shootdown problems at higher rates of fire. A pain they refuse to acknowledge or plan to fix.... We stopped selling them to our customers.

So stop buying them you guys!

Simular problems with other stock markers but they really hate the spyder Co2 receivers.

Now you have some choices:

Steel, Aluminum, Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber.

Steel and Aluminum are cheapest. Fiberglass is lighter and re certed every 3 years. Carbon fiber re certed every 5 years. Carbon is Most expensive and lightest.

3000 psi, 4500 psi, 5500 psi.

The more pressure it holds, the more expensive it will be. I have a 4500 psi and can't remember the last time any store, scenerio game, or field could give me a 4000+ psi fill.

Tanked Nitrogen comes at 4500 psi so unless it is brand new, you get a partial fill.

So ask around where you get fills if a 4500 psi tank would be worth the expense when you could buy a slightly larger 3000 psi tank for less.

Many stores/fields charge so much per 1000 psi. If so, you might rather prefer a 3000 psi tank that is larger in capacity just to save $$$.

47 ci, 68 ci, 88 ci, 114 ci.

Strangely, they all weigh about the same. Steel or fiber. The bigger ones are only available in fiber.

I use a remotes so it is not as important to me as a gun mounted tank. Gun mounted, weight becomes a factor to consider. Lighter is better all other things equal.

Depends how much you shoot in a game and how they charge for fills.

I get all day air for $5 more. Then it doesn't matter. But all fields don't offer that.

If you play the back 40 acres, you want to be the last guy out of air right? Get the BIGGEST ONE you can afford and want to carry.

I shoot a fair amount of paint. A good firefight and decent life expenctancy could burn 500 rounds.

I went from a 47 ci 3000 to my 68 ci because I didn't feel like standing in line for an air fill between each game. Now I can get 2-3 games per fill depending on what my life expectancy was for each game.

Best bang for the buck on a 20 minute game, rec field is a 68 ci x 3000 psi Steel. $125

And I carry that old 12 oz CO2 filled in my 8+1 pod carrier at scenerio games. Need it to shoot 7 pods plus a hopper of paint. No point in lugging all that around if you don't have air to shoot it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.