paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Got Spyder Questions for you all

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by TheMaskedBowler on July 17, 2002 at 22:44:12:

Hi. I actually posted this in the Low and Medium Cost Semis forum, but it's not getting me much info that I need. Here's a quick rundown of my playing style.

I quit playing pb a few years ago, and I'm just getting back into the sport. My first gun was a malfunctioning piece of garbage, a Stingray. I got rid of it long ago, and lost interest in the sport. Now I'd like to play again, and I'm looking for a new gun. I think I've narrowed it down to a Spyder TL or TL+. I play for fun; I'm not a tournament player nor do I ever plan to be. I also mainly only play in the spring and summer, so I don't need to worry about playing in cold air. I've probably never taken more than 75 paintballs with me during a game -my philosophy is "one shot=one kill." I don't need to fire full auto or anything like that. I am mainly concerned with accuracy.

With all that in mind, here are my questions.

Upgrades-
Could you all give me some simple, low-cost upgrade ideas that would improve the gun's accuracy? By simple I mean new barrels and things like that, no drilling or any sort of specialized work. Oh, and how much would these suggestions improve the accuracy? (For the barrels, from what I've read, the Lapco barrels are higly recommended...yes, no, maybe?)

Range
On a stock TL, what sort of practical range does the gun get? (Meaning what's the standard range from which I can fire and expect to hit my target?) What sort of range will those upgrades mentioned above add?

CO2 Questions
How hard is it to modify the pressure and speed of the gun? Does the gun perform consistently? Are there any upgrades (reasonable ones...I'm not going to pay 2x what I paid for the gun to get a nitrogen system) that will help even out the pressure and all that sort of thing?

Maintenance/Reliability/Durabilty
What are the most common Spyder mechanical problems? How easy or hard are they to fix? Do they stay fixed once repaired?

Thank you all for your help, and please bear in mind that I'm just getting back into the sport, and I'm not up to speed with a whole lot of the technical jargon. If you give me an upgrade, give me a manufacturer name or something that I can go by please. Thanks again!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.