paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

I agree with Rick here

In Reply to: 500 miles?? Nope! posted by Rick on December 16, 2003 at 17:06:48:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Tony Jackson

on December 17, 2003 at 08:42:12

My and only my opinions:

I think any distance over 210 miles is probably a stretch. Why 210? I average 70mph, so 3 hours is about my max I would drive, unless there is a vast difference in producers/reasons to drive further.

If the game is within that 210 miles, I believe a CHOICE is not being GIVEN, it is being FORCED.

Personally, I like to hit as many games possible.
Overscheduling in my driving range causes me and others to miss multiple events. I don't think that is fair to any promoter. I also think that the argument of "if we scheduled the game to avoid a conflict, there would be local people who could not attend because they had to work/busy/etc... but could have attended if we had it the same day" is crap, because no matter when a game is scheduled, there are going to be people that will miss it do to prior commitments. But to FORCE a decision, means that there will be an X amount of GUARANTEED people that will miss it, because they went to the other venue.

If i am FORCED to make a decision because games within my driving range have been scheduled at the same time, then I am going to decide based on:
1) Amount of prizes (I like to win free stuff)
2) Camping/on site accomodations
3) Terrain
4) Field size/amount of players touching elbows
5) Paint quality
6) Sponsors/vendors/press opportunity

I believe CHOICE IS GOOD for paintball and players, but not when the CHOICE becomes FORCED due to proximity and overscheduling.
I realize that sometimes, fields dictate dates and promoters dictate dates, but both parties should realize they are going to cause a rift and will not only hurt their event, but the others they are scheduling against.

Perhaps it helps with marketing? As they say, any publicity is good publicity - and by causing a stink, they are getting more publicity, because people in general love reading "dirty laundry".

Just my opinions.
Tony

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.