paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

To Hoop & Hankey, Moles and Donuts

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
bigmac@teamhalfcocked.com
on October 18, 2003 at 22:54:16

Guys,
I can't begin to explain how much I hate to see this. Alot of the "Original" members of the donuts are the reason that the team I captain, came to be. As well as another team that was formed when my team split. I can understand some of the feelings of dislike, betrayal and at some times even hate.

Hoop, you, your team, and now your promotion are only being HURT by all of this bickering with Hankey. This is... no this HAS turned into some of thetricycle like what I hear is going on in tournament ball. This is showing BOTH of ya'll in a bad light. Who is it going to hurt more, I really don't know. People may not show up to your events if they find something offensive that you or your teammates have said. People may not go to Dollacks game because they may get the impression that Dollack sicks his sponsored teams on promoters and events that they have no intention of going to, to begin with.

Hankey, you and your team are sponsored by the original and some say the best "Promoter" in Scenario ball. I know for a fact that you and your team are fantastic Stand-up Paintball players and you promote the Sport of Paintball every way that you can. People enjoy playing against you, with you and when Muddy or Sarah Generals, for you and your team.

When the Donuts started their 24 Hour Games Promotion, I talked with my team and we decided that we would support them anyway that we could. This was for 2 reasons, first and foremost they were our friends and 2nd the games that Wildfire put on for themselves (not the MXS games)well they kinda Sucked. Ok before anyone gets an attitude let me explain. Their storyline consisted of basicly this team over there and that team at the other base. When we got to base then we would have a vote on who would be the General, and normally after the first 3 or 4 guys turned the job down someone would step forward and "Claim the position". This to me is not planned out very well. MOST of 24 hour games are really well planned and put on events, I have never had any problems with any of the refs, players, or "promoters". There was a problem at last years T-f-T's event with paint, but again they changed their paint brand and now they are using some of the best paint that I have ever shot. As far as 24 hour games boycotting events, it's their choice which games that they want to go to. They have NEVER told me or any member of my team which games to go to. Matter of fact there was one member of my team at the Dollack game at wildfire and he was actually laughing at how uneven the sides were.

I miss playing with some of the teams that refuse to play at Dalton because of the Donuts running it. Ok I don't care, I'm going to call ya'll out. It's kinda obivious (SP?) that for whatever reasons and again it's their own decision, most of The real well know Georgia teams don't show up for Donut's events.
Blackhearts (think I have only seen Hollywood, and he was Generaling)
Southern Comfort ( only ever seen one or 2)
Sewer Rats ( do they play anymore?)
Death Inc. (not since jethro and Crome joined)
Moles (everyone knows how they feel)

It seems that the only teams that end up at Dalton are the ones like us who are unsponsored by a promoter or field.

Finally, Hoop and Hankey,

I still consider you two great ambassadors to the SPORT of paintball. Hoop, you and the donuts (original ones including HANKEY, Fox, PBG, Seth, and even Cory and Newer ones like Orion and Aiki) have gotten alot of people into paintball.
Hankey, you and your team are a big part of the game that Dollack puts on for countless THOUSANDS throughout the country.

I have great respect for both of you, please do the right thing and SHUT UP! (Yeah In Caps for everyones easy reading) The Only ones you are hurting are yourselves and your productions and/or producers. If I didn't know you both, I would think that both of you are a couple of Giant Pricks and I wouldn't go to a game that either of you were at!!

Yeah I know that each of you made a couple of valid points about the other. Personally I don't see a problem with A-1 having a game a week after 24hour games event. Some of the teams that are going to go to that one wouldn't come up to Dalton anyway. That's a shame because it's a fantastic field.

Oh well, just my $.02

Tim "Big Mac" McDaniel
Captain- Team Half~Cocked
bigmac@teamhalfcocked.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.