paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Preventing cheating

In Reply to: Re: Cheating in paintball posted by Smakman on August 17, 2003 at 15:55:10:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Clayphoto

on August 17, 2003 at 23:21:23

Funny thing was this very topic came up today at the field by accident. In the past, I had overheard the field owner recommend to "up and coming" tournament teams to video tape their pickup games and drills to go over what they are doing. I was talking to some of his teammates, and they said they rarely see their own tapes or discuss them.

I know the field owner to some degree, so I asked him if his team doesn't watch the tapes much why he recommends it. He said 1) His team has played together for a long time and don't have a need as much as others would. Sounded reasonable and predictable. 2) Cheaters don't like cameras.

And you know what...... at this field I go to most often, I have had fewer instances of people I suspected of cheating on the woods fields than his speedball.

Just another thought! And I LOVE your ref idea. Very nice.

: One of the things I have done is to put many agressive refs-in-play into the game. Imbedded refs, if you like. Part of it is phsycological. I believe there are two kinds of cheaters. The kind who will always cheat and eventually get banned and the kind who will cheat just when they think they can get away with it. If you don't know who the refs are or where they are and you are a cheater, you are less likely to believe you can get away with it. When a cheater gets busted by a guy he has been playing alongside half of the day, word gets around, especially when I inform them that they have had their ONE and only warning. My refs also put on orange and take their time out in-field as visible refs when eliminated so they are visibly out there, then.....they are gone when they go back into play. It keeps the potential cheaters guessing. It has worked well for me. All cheating can never be eliminated, but it has to constantly be battled. I won't cheating to slip under the radar for the sake of numbers. I would rather play with 20 players I know to be honest, that 100 players 30% of whom will cheat when given the chance.

: Clayphoto, you sound like the kind of player I want at my field. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the other player, but not to yourself.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.