paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Nerfs at 250fps? NOT! cool.

In Reply to: Here it the article posted by Dale on August 08, 2003 at 21:03:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Bill "Capt Bill" Tison
on August 08, 2003 at 22:20:47

That mask is designed for 300fps paintballs, not 250fps nerfs that weigh in at 10 times the weight of a paintball. You say it would have broken your lens? So tell me, did you suggest to the field owner that this might not be too cool? I hope so.

First of all, a LAW should be regulated and someone, somewhere said that 220fps was OK. I have no problem with that and recommend it to everyone. 250fps is getting way over the limit of safe play.

Second, the nerf just doesn't pan out to be safe at the same velocities as paintballs. And to shoot one at the same velocity is dangerous.

I hope you will bring these points to your field operator and effect some changes. Otherwise, someone, sometime is going to get really hurt and that person, the field owner, you and all the rest of us are going to pay the price for allowing unsafe actions to occur on the paintball field.

Let's keep it safe out there!

BTW. Larry Cossio is out of the Paintball Insurance business for now. Non compete clause when he left his insurance company. Or at least, so I am told.

JT's full head mask is cool. Props to them for coming up with this improvement. Really great for the newby and the front guys who get bunkered.

With the two story castles, it is not hard to get a shot under the mask. And if it hits the bill, there is added leverage to flip it off. We caught one player off guard this way and busted her lip all to H%&* because the ball went under her mask. Not pretty. Really made us feel bad. And of course, there was several minutes of "hot gun", "cheater", etc. before everyone cooled down enough to realize what had happened. The marker was chronoed at under 250fps and shot from about 50'.

I love the idea of pay the field operator his due profit and bring your own paint. Sometimes my paint is just better than his. I just don't know how he can police those that use the field paint and those that haven't paid to use their own paint. But, in a perfect world, that would not be a problem.

Bill
HellFire

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.