paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Professional Paintball: Enough to pay the bills?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
"Burnman" Milwaukee, WI

on July 24, 2004 at 13:51:50

I used to play paintball regularly, but have since fallen 'out of the loop.' My question is simply this, and is posed to all the pro and semi-pro paintball players out there now:

Is playing paintball professionaly (that is, lots of tournaments, involved travel, league play, etc.) enough to support yourself? What is the usual pay out for top finishes in big events? Is it feasible to become a "professional paintball player" and do nothing else?

I have a sincere interest in doing so, but I'm hesitant to just dive right in and pursue it. I will, however, *not* even make an effort if there is absolutely no chance I could ever support myself indefinitely by playing paintball. I'll say right now - if it's possible, I'll bust my hump and make it happen.

Any responses are appreciated-

Jason Dusenske

burnman@earthlink.net

If you email, please make the subject heading "PAINTBALL" so I can find it amidst all the spam. =)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.