paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: What's wrong with "professional" paintball players

In Reply to: Re: What's wrong with "professional" paintball players posted by Fluke on October 28, 2003 at 12:52:29:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
megabyte

on November 14, 2003 at 13:29:17

: "How many times have we heard about a pro athlete being suspended, fined, or even banned because of his actions? Everywhere but in our sport. Because the sponsors will not get involved. Pepsi, Coke, or even Budweiser doesn't want a pediphile, druggy, or a criminal representing them to the general public. But, in our sport no one cares how they act or what they do."

: Then again -- not to rock the boat here, but how many people consider our sport a real sport? I have a feeling with the NXL being televised, things will start to change and feelings will shift as more light -- and heat -- are put on our sport. Would it be better if we shaped up before we were suddenly put in sudden death? Yes. But if nothing else, when it comes time for us to really shine, we're going to have to, or else there are going to be a lotta people out of a job because PR WILL count.

: "Teams on a local level also need to start shaping up. Stop swearing and arguing. Instead, give a good impression to the newbies and the parents who show up to play/watch. Be friendly to them, don't act cocky. I commend those who are already doing these things."

: I admit, I do see some really, really bad examples of 'local' teams. Personally, I pride myself, and so does my team on being good sports first and foremost. But we have people to look up to. Pev (as in Pev's paintball, sponsor of Justice, Crucial, Supernatural, Outcast and the likes) is a REAL role model. As is his brother. And they hired Rab and Rusty has been hanging around -- and I've noted that these fellas too are good guys. Don't encourage just others to do this, start with yourselves. It will catch on.

Lol you mention the team outcast. If ever I have seen a cheating whinning piece oftricycle team its outcast. I dont know how many times I have caught them cheating and I just dont mean playing on I have caught the big redhead kid twice wiping.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.