paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: (opps) reefs and....

In Reply to: (opps) reefs and.... posted by OlyGimp on October 09, 2003 at 00:05:57:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
PigTech

on October 09, 2003 at 16:36:12
Forum Administrator

: opps sorry about that hit enter on accednt, any ways what i was trying to say is that i think it is compleat BS that players who are particapating in an event, are alowd to reef games for points, 1rst off I have seen this be a problem because teams that do not desserve to move on can, and teams that do desserve it get bumped, I allso think its a bad idea to have teams that the out come of the game matters to reef the game.
: I know that money is an issue and they can not spare the cash yet to have full blow paid reef not assosiated with the teams, but it needs to happen, in the mean time i think that teams in the same level of play should atlest not be able to reef the games in there level,
: What do you think??
: -Oly opps sorry about that hit enter on accednt, any ways what i was trying to say is that i think it is compleat BS that players who are particapating in an event, are alowd to reef games for points, 1rst off I have seen this be a problem because teams that do not desserve to move on can, and teams that do desserve it get bumped, I allso think its a bad idea to have teams that the out come of the game matters to reef the game.
: I know that money is an issue and they can not spare the cash yet to have full blow paid reef not assosiated with the teams, but it needs to happen, in the mean time i think that teams in the same level of play should atlest not be able to reef the games in there level,
: What do you think??
: -Oly

While money probably is part of it, it's not all of it - the other half comes from being able to find enough referees with the skill/experience to do a decent job. This doesn't go for just the Pan Am, either. There is only one national tournament series/league that has independant referees (refs that don't play within that series) and that's the NXL, and it's "invitation only," closed to just the 8 teams that make up the league.

PSP - teams ref
NPPL - teams ref
Pan Am - teams ref

There may be some regional series (Pan Am is a regional, not a national - I referred to the nationals because they're "the big boys") that have independant refs, but I'm not aware of any current major regional that does.

With the Pan Am, part of the legue's philosophy is also that the league is a place for younger teams to grow and gain experience - and that includes experience as referees.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.