paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

New York Cup 2003: The Aftermath

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Crimsus

on August 15, 2003 at 02:50:20

I'm proud to provide the following information:

The petition against Core Promotions was filed about a month ago. Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but I had to take a small trip overseas. Anyway, each company which was listed as an official sponsor of the New York Cup (with the exception of Tippman and Empire) provided letters to file with the petition. Each letter clearly stated that their names were used as official sponsors without permission. A few days later, the New York Cup site changed drastically. The list of sponsors on the site disappeared, and all of the ads on the site claiming who was sponsoring were gone. I spoke with the P.R. manager at Tippman and it looks like Tippman will not be doing anymore business with Core Promotions on account of what happened, plus something the New York Cup wasn't aware of. Tippman actually had someone stop by the event to see how things were going and saw everything that happened (to be literal, what didn't happen) at the event.

For all the players and spectators who signed the petition and provided their own tapes of the tournament to provide to the Syracuse DA, thank you. I'd also like to say thank you to the three teams that signed the petition, even though they placed at the tournament. It's good to see that just because someone walked away with a prize didn't mean that they would set their integrity aside.

-Crimsus

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.