paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: People who hate Smart Parts: Do your homework!

In Reply to: People who hate Smart Parts: Do your homework! posted by Crimsus on July 25, 2003 at 10:45:43:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Ben "Pump Scout" Kohnen
on July 25, 2003 at 21:41:20

: First of all, a boycott? Please. This isn't going to put them out of business because you don't have a large enough supporter base.
** Every flood starts with a single drop of water. Not to mention, there are plenty of people from "around" who are part of this. You might not be seeing it, but it's certainly not being hidden.

Second, if you read the claim Smart Parts is making carefully, and then call them or e-mail them regarding this issue, you'll find out that Smart Parts is only going after certain manufacturers, NOT EVERY MANUFACTURER which uses electronic switches.
** FOR NOW. They're not going hunting for everyone NOW. My view is that they've picked up on a weak target (ICD), and will use a win there to establish precedent. Following that, every electro maker will be forced to comply with whatever ruling a judge (who may not be educated enough on THIS particular topic to make an informed ruling) brings down.

: Shut up already, pull your head out, and do your homework before, as I said in another post, you try to start a fire without any fuel. Don't make the players look like idiots just because you didn't read/obtain ALL the facts.
** You too. There have been plenty of posts, from plenty of people, who aren't trying to fan the flames, but are trying to get to the root facts. Smart Parts isn't offering information, although it IS coming from other sources in close contact with what's going on. Reliable people within the paintball industry. I trust what Tom Kaye has to say, and he's worried about this. See automags.org for info there. The facts are there, and have been for years. SP is a company that values the dollar over the customer relationship. They're perfectly willing to use hype to sell their product as "the best" to the uninformed, or the uncaring. They're willing to drag the sport through the courts to further their greed.

** My personal boycott of SP has been ongoing for years. I won't give them dollar one, especially after many attempts to get information from them on gear, sales, prices, and availability over the years. Stonewalled every time, and well before I made my feelings about them "public". I won't support a company like that with my hard-earned dollars, and neither will a whole lot of people. Just ask around.

Ben Kohnen, Limited Pump Paintball
www.geocities.com/limitedpump

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.