paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Open Letter to Field Owners and Event Promoters

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
Brad "scarecrowe" King
on July 22, 2003 at 07:25:47

An Open Letter to Field Owners and Event Promoters

In light of the attempt to monopolize the sport of Paintball on behalf of the Smartparts company I have voluntarily chosen to boycott their products. In addition to this, I will not attend ANY event sponsored in whole or in part by Smartparts. Nor will I purchase ANY product, good, or service from any field or store that either stocks or promotes their products. As someone who has worked for and promoted the growth of the sport of paintball since its early days I have invested too much of my time, labor, and love to see the sport harmed by the greed of one company. Throughout paintball’s history many companies have chosen not to patent their ideas because doing so would have hampered the sport’s growth. The individuals that made those decisions chose the greater good of the sport over profit. I urge you to do the same by removing Smartparts products from your shelves and Smartparts banners from your field. I further encourage you as a field owner or event promoter to make this small sacrifice as so many others have done in the past, for the sake of paintball’s future and for the good of the sport. I further suggest you to consider disallowing the use of Spartparts equipment on your field or in your events. Make a statement by taking this courageous stand and sending a strong message to those who would steal our sport from us.

Bradley ‘Scarecrow’ King
Paintball Player since 1986

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.