paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: Angel OR Cocker????

In Reply to: Re: Angel OR Cocker???? posted by TheGuy on May 06, 2003 at 21:00:21:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
PigTech

on May 12, 2003 at 12:33:57
Forum Administrator

: Dynasty 2nd Place PSP LA open...angel IR3's
: Naughty Dogs 1st Place PSP LA open...E-class Orracles
: Dynasty (the better team) lost head to head against the Naughty Dogs, who demolished them...could it be that angels aren't what they used to be.

Yes, but at the NPPL Huntington Beach and Las Vegas tournaments Dynasty bested the Dogs, so the same could be said of the Angel over the 'cocker. In reality I think those wins were far more about the teams playing than the differences between the guns they were shooting.

Sadly, we didn't get to see a match up between the Dogs and Dynasty at the PSP Vegas tournament because Naughy Dogs have moved on to play Division 1 X Ball in the PSP, and Dynasty wass a no show.

: I say give everyone Intimidators that shoot 22bps and see who wins then. All pro sports have standard equipment same baseballs, same hockey pucks, same football helmets and pads, etc.

Not really - Most baseball players have their own bats - most race car drivers drive their own cars - most football teams use their own helmets and pads. In each case there are rules to which the equipment has to adhere - dimension, weight, testing, etc. Sure hockey and baseball all use the same puck or ball - but hey, field paint only tournaments all shoot the same paintball too.

I think it would be cool to see a tournament series though, where the paintgun was taken out of the equation - where you use a field gun - that would eliminate the possiblity of cheater boards/software, and other rigging of the gun. The problem is much of the financial model in current paintball tournaments involves sponsorship by teams that are gun manufacturers and wand their sponsored teams to represent their products.

In a way, I think that's cool, because part of the compentition is the engineering quest to build a better paintgun.

:Level the playing field with the equipment, and then see who's best. I know this isn't a place to whine, and I know the gun doesn't make the player, but these new Timmys (Storm, Lasoya, Dragon, Ironmen) are ridiculous. If I had a team of guns that shot so insanely fast, I could be the top Xball team too (Oakland). There, I've said my piece about the new era of guns.

I was with you up until that point. There's a lot more to the game than what you shoot. If what you said was true, why doesn't Miami Effect (shooting LaSoya timmy's) beat Oakland?

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.