paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tourney Talk

Re: Another Crackpot Idea

In Reply to: Re: Another Crackpot Idea posted by PigTech on March 24, 2003 at 11:13:58:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Posted by:
_Hollywood_

on March 24, 2003 at 12:33:53

Bill:

Thank you. It was helpful.

Unfortunately, this, and other schedules rely on tournament producers, scenario game directors, and field operators to post their events. Some of them do, and that's great!

Others have no concept of advertizing. Especially free advertizing. I guess they figure that it's worth what they pay for it, and if they pay nothing, it's worth nothing.

I would like to see the calendar broken down into sections. It would be a huge benefit, and would be quicker and easier for players to find what they want. As it is, everything is bunched together, and the player has to wade through a bunch of stuff in which he's not interested, before finding that for which he is looking. The player in Minnesota isn't going to be interested in a local tournament in New Mexico

But you do the best you can with what you get. Still, perhaps you could re-format the event entry page, so that the first entry is the state, and so that the state name or the two letter code would appear in bold lettering. It would make things a lot easier to scan.

And I know that no matter how good the intentions, you, I, and the rest of the media are only as good as the information we get. You could have the best calendar on the net, but unless the field operators, tournament directors, and scenario producers enter their events to it, it's not going to be very helpful.

So, thanks for the heads up, and I'll make use of it.

"Hollywood"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tourney Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.