paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Re: Gun TOO LOUD!!!

In Reply to: Re: Gun TOO LOUD!!! posted by Dale on January 15, 2003 at 17:34:21:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
bix
on August 17, 2003 at 10:49:39

: Send me an E mail for some 'classified' materials on this subject. You will be required to join the Militia. It is free and no spam.

: Stay with the stock bolt. Read here. Mostly trouble is what I read. Don't see too many people singing the praises of bolts for spyders. They will have NO impact on noise. They don't hit anything with they move back. They just slide back and forth. It is that hammer making all the noise when recocking.

: The barrel report is a function of the barrel and the porting. Some barrels are a LOT quieter than others and unfortunately you can't tell by shooting blanks indoors at a store. You need to shoot paint outdoors to compare one barrel to another. One came in our store on a used marker and it was HUGELY quieter. Unfortunately, it also had had a custom splash anodizing on it and I couldn't identify the manufacturer. Two people that I have no way of knowing if they are knowledgeable or not have told me it is a two stage All American Barrel. Well, I bought it for the boy cause his spyder had the same splash pattern on his body. He really likes it and gets a lot of inquiries and admiration about his Spyder. Looks, quiet operation (he has LP) and performance ( the boy will kick you butt with 8 years of experience but if they want to give the gun the credit, that is OK with him).

: The blow back is another muzzle report out the breach of your marker. It is the blast that pushes the Hammer/piston back to recock the marker. Very loud PLUS the Clang when the bolt hits the bumper in the Back of the gun. Unless you've lost it like some people do and THAT will be really, really loud and trash your marker.

: You can reduce all 3 sources of noise by lowering the operating pressure of the marker with a regulated Air supply. With a LP valve you can get below 300 psi and without a LP valve about 500 psi. Both takes a $10 spring set to get working properly.

: All you need is the minimum pressure to obtain 300 fps at the muzzle and recock the marker reliably. If it just barely recocks it, you don't get much of a CLANG against the bumper.

: You get less muzzle blast and hammer blast since you don't have a large excess of air to do the job anymore.

: Now before you run out and wind up with a $600 highly modified and less reliable Spyder, remember you can get markers designed to run at LP for about $350 - the autococker. But you couldn't get my boy to part with his $600 spyder for nothing.

: I'll tell you how and where to get $20 regs for spyder LP upgrades. Just that would make a BIG difference. Just send me an e mail.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.