paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Not too many people want to part with them.

In Reply to: Looking for specific Spyder parts. posted by Wonder_Boy on July 12, 2003 at 22:06:04:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on July 13, 2003 at 08:19:05

I am flirting with the idea too. For the tank I don't have yet. 50 cal replica or Mini Gun.

I was going to shoot a spyder or whatever.

The chain gun would be fake, rotating around the barrel in the center. Motor turning the fake 6 barrels of the chain around the real barrel in the center. Might add a second marker or sound recording (OR TWO) that would have no function other than to sound scary with the simulated rate of fire. Since we are fantasizing, add a strobe light in line with the top barrel or IN each barrel that would trigger and flash at top dead center. How's that for effect.

I HAVE an electronic circuit you can build that will time a solenoid cycle rate to pull the trigger or if you want to get fancy, trip the sear. Easy to build. In your budget.

But if power consumption isn't an issue, your motor idea isn't bad. Just mount a cam on the motor shaft to cycle the trigger. RPM controls rate of fire. Motors eat more battery than a solenoid because it runs continuously when firing.

Rememeber ALL the scenerio Games and field don't allow full autos. So what you "HAVE" is an electronically controled 'auto loader' and ask what rate of fire you want to set it at in the 3-5 rps range.

Send me an email for the circuit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.