paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Re: 32* spring set/striker spring

In Reply to: 32* spring set/striker spring posted by Phijj on April 18, 2003 at 14:53:02:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on April 24, 2003 at 15:36:34

: I have a Spyder 2kCompact and a 32* spring set.

: 1) The 32* striker springs are longer than the stock spring. Do I have the wrong spring set?
Maybe, maybe not. What was on the box/bag and packing slip. Longer isn't necessarily bad. What matters is the force the spring puts on the valve stem to close it...
A longer but lighter spring could compress to put the same force on the valve stem...

: 2) Which way do the springs go? Small end agaist the cup seal of the other way around? The reason I am asking is if the smaller end is agaist the cup seal, the larger side gets compressed agaist the rim of the Vertical adapter. Should the end of the spring fit inside the vertical adapter? (sitting flush agaist the small hole in the vertical?)

I am NOT familiar with 32 degrees. But I am comfortable saying that the small end should snug fit over the steel end of the valve just like the stock spring does. Where the big end rests, I don't know but if it was designed properly it should go in or rest on the front edge. It shouldn't be hanging halfway in the hole and halfway out. I should be obvious that it is one way or the other. If it doesn't, you might not have the right springs.

: 3) I have drilled out sections on the vertical (for better air flow) what combination should I use for the striker spring/main spring to get better flow? (to avoid recocking problems)

Recocking is determined by the air volume blowing through the valve and back past the valve stem where the hammer meets it. That is how the air gets into the marker to "BLOW BACK" the hammer piston with the O ring on it and recock the marker.

A Low pressure valve for a spyder allows more air volume through that section of the valve so you can reliably recock at lower operating pressures.

Usually a smaller diameter on the valve shaft.

People that try modifying their valve to 'improve flow' usually wind up buying a new valve.

I'd recommend refraining from any more machine work. I don't even see the paintball machine shops or gun smith's offering internal mods for the spyder...

Tell us what your performance goal is so we can give you some advise. Efficiency? Lower Pressure? Max Velocity? (shame on you) or Accuracy?

: Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.