paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

You don't need two regs....

In Reply to: noob/1st Gun/TL+/Trying to go LP...will this work? posted by CrappyOne on March 23, 2003 at 14:43:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on March 31, 2003 at 09:44:34

An adjustable tank Is you regulator. You don't need another one. One more thing to act up during play and adds weight to haul around.

You have to maintain roughly a 500 psi difference between the supply tank and a secondary reg to provide the flow volume needed to keep up with high rates of fire. You go to LP at say 300 psi and set you tank reg at 500 psi, you will likely have shootdown at higher rates of fire.

A LP valve is a requirement if your LP operating. pressure goal is in the 300 - 400 psi range. Otherwise you will be limited to 600-700 psi with a stock valve.

Send me an e mail and I'll tell you where to get used $20-30 regs that work just fine.

Barrels length depends on what kind of paintball you play. If you play tournament and speed ball a lot, you will want a shorter barrel that points quickly and doesn't stick out from behind cover providing a target for you opponent.

If you play rec and woods ball, you would want a longer barrel for better long range aiming (accuracy is about the same) and they tend to be quieter.

Don't throw that stock bolt away. Once you get your LP set up working, put the stock bolt back in and make NO other changes. Take a trip to the chorno and notice which bolt gives you the higher muzzle velocity. That will tell you which bolt could provide you with better air efficiency. Then if you want, pull out the insert in the stock bolt to open up the flow even more. Then check the chrono again. I have two venturi bolts and I use the stock one with the insert removed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.