paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Re: recocking

In Reply to: Re: recocking posted by Dale on March 04, 2003 at 18:09:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
shadow_walker

on March 04, 2003 at 18:15:28

: Well it isn't recocking far enough to engage the sear.

: Possible causes:

: Low operating pressure:

: Cold weather. You are running about 500 psi at 30 degrees if you are running a full CO2. Would definately make it hard to recock properly.
: Nitro would be constant at 850 Psi. Go To:

: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2pv.gif

: Low supply tank. CO2 or Nitro.

: Worn or broken O ring on the hammer piston.

: Dirt and Gum.

: Loose Grip on receiver. Worn or broken sear return spring.

: Dale

: : hey. i have a spyder tl plus and every time i shoot it i have cock it and it sounds like it's shooting 2 bursts of air instead of just one.i'm not sure what's wrong with it. please help

All very good points, but also be sure to check the "stupid stuff" These are things so easy to miss, you'd feel stupid if that was the problem.

Make sure the grip frame is screwed on tight enough

don't over lube

double check the orings

and as dale said, make sure you have enough pressure running through, with my gun, when you screw n2 into it all the way, it will sputter and i have to unsrew it a 1/4 of a turn and it opperates fine. BTW, if anyone knows how to fix that and wants to tell me, it would be appreciated.

HTH. Later.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.