paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder

Hard, unmachinable steel

In Reply to: How hard is your striker? posted by noob on November 15, 2002 at 00:28:09:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 20, 2002 at 19:47:13

I was thinking about trying a soft steel hammer for another application. Just to be able to manufacture it easily.

I was going to solve YOUR problem by simply tapping a hole in the center where the hammer strikes the valve and insert a HARDENED Stainless or Steel hex bolt. Red locktite it in place and torque it down... Then let IT go at the valve stem...

Haven't got it done yet. I don't have a lathe.....

Why you going to a lighter hammer? People usually are thinking a heavier hammer would hold the valve open for a slightly longer duration so they can lower the operating pressure. They haven't enjoyed much success with heavier hammers.

Remember, it is the kinetic energy, (Velocity x Mass) that opens the valve. A lighter hammer would require a heaver spring to produce the same kinetic energy and thus velocity. Right? In a spyder that would also increase the trigger pull resistance but maybe less so on a E 99.

How about a favor?????? One good turn deserves another.... Make my hammer. I'll throw in a side mounted Spyder Auto Rangefinder. Looks a little clunky but is more accurate than your marker and paint at any distance up to 60-70 yards which is beyond getting a break anyway.

Why do you think they call me Head Hunter.....

Send me an e mail if you're interested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.