paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Re: Whats Up with That

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by shadow_walker on October 15, 2002 at 17:05:23:

In Reply to: Re: Whats Up with That posted by Justin on October 15, 2002 at 16:20:22:

: : I have a Spyder SE and every time I shot I have balls flying every where but where i want them to go. I tried adding a bigger barrel but it didnt help much. What can i do to solve my little delema????????

: Uhh...Hold it steady? Clean out any breaks? Better bore fit? But I would try holding it steady lol.

: -The snowgod-

There's several things that can be causing this"

1.What kind of temperatures are you playing in, if it's hot, the balls will warped, and nobody wants warped balls. If the temp is too hot, they might deform.

2.Do you break paintballs much, the oil from them in the barrel will cause them to swerve. Make sure you clean the barrel out good.

3.Do you oil your gun just before you play, If so, you could be shooting some oil down the barrel. After you oil your gun (just before you play) dry fire the gun a bit with the barrel off and your hand over the end (wearing a glove helps) and if you feel oil, thats your problem. I guess you would just shoot it until no more oil comes out, cause after the first shot, it will just coat the barrel with oil.

4.Is your bolt messed up, in wrong, or screwed around with. If so, it could be shooting the air on the ball unevenly.

5.I don't think your velocity would matter, but check that anyways.

6.Are you playing in the rain, cause if a rain drop catches the ball, it will cut in that direction imediately. (pretty cool actually, and kinda fun too).

Other than that, i can't think of anything else that could be the problem. HTH. Write back when you figure this out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.