paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Big Ball? Save your money.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont on September 24, 2002 at 04:09:34:

In Reply to: Barrel posted by RuFio on September 20, 2002 at 23:09:48:

You would NOT see a difference if you used the Freak system.

If you want increased accuracy simply buy high quality paint. It is that simple.

No one that posted here gave you any wrong information. They just didn't have all the information you need about paint diameter / bore match.

Field paint like Big Ball isn't round. That is why is shoots all over the place. You put a mic on a 10 ball sample and write it down. Find the largest diameter and the smallest diameter on each ball. Average the largest diameters and average the smallest diameters.

Big Ball and other field paints are .035 to .080 difference. Those are NOT typos. Those are actual numbers we got when we did it.

Now when the entire Freak System bore sleeves only cover .008 from largest to smallest, how could you match the bore of any of those sleeves to a Big Ball!

Now lets get to that $90-120 per case paint. guess what? It still isn't round. But it is a LOT MORE round than Big Ball. It is .005 to .012 largest to smallest diameter. But I can't afford that! Me neither.

So here you go. This is a Spyder Forum so I assume you have a high pressure gun like a spyder.

Split a case with a buddy and mail order some Diablo Inferno. Runs about $55-60 plus freight.
I'm partial to their emerald green.

That is what my boys use in their spyders and it comes out the barrel like beads on a string. One shot right on top of the last. People come up and ask about their upgrades and barrels. Both are stock spyder classics with nitro and a revey. Stock barrels too. We tell them it is the paint not the upgrades.

One more thing. It doesn't work well in sub 40 degree weather. The shell gets brittle and we start getting barrel breaks. Keep that in mind if you play in that kind of weather.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.