paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
I'm a Remote Fan Too

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont on September 24, 2002 at 03:47:15:

In Reply to: my gun is too heavy help posted by Daniel on September 23, 2002 at 19:25:09:

And so is my son. Instead of running with both hands on it like GI joe, you hold it like a pistol and run like a tight end. You can move a LOT faster.

If you use CO2, it makes an excellent expansion chamber. A LOT of volume and a LOT of surface area to exhange heat.

There are 3 kinds of remote. Least common is a 36" braided steel hose. Indestructable so if you hook it on something on a dead run, you break something else on your gun. Not very popular.

There are thick remotes. Most popular and common to buy. They have a large inside diameter and can feed a LP tank with enough volume to keep up with a high rate of fire. Unfortunately, it is very springy. You can't stretch it across your body and put it in your other hand to shoot on your non dominate side. Since you don't shoot that side, you don't look on that side, you don't defend that side and you get bunkered from that side as soon as the guy sees you have that thick remote. That's what I do.

Then there is the small diameter slinky type. Very stretchy and you can shoot either side with great freedom of movement. Downside is that it dangles and can be hung on brush when crawling. My boy wears his tank UNDER his BDU top and the remote comes around and out the front between the 1st and second button. No difference going right or left side shooting. The other downside it that it can't tranfer the volume needed to keep up with high rates of fire unless you run at least 800 psi. No problem with CO2 or a preset nitro but you couldn't run a LP tank with a reg and feed it without shootsdown.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.