paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
I suspect the valve is in backwards

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by Dale DuPont on September 01, 2002 at 09:30:38:

In Reply to: Re: Did you remove the valve body? posted by Justin on September 01, 2002 at 07:50:09:

: : Did you remove the valve body?

: : You might have reversed it. Easy to do and it will leak like crazy.

: No, it went in normally.

It will go in normally, but it just might be in backwards and the hiss like crazy and will do exactly what you are describing. Including the absence of recocking pneumatically.

I've done it several times myself.

Just turn the valve over and give it a try. The narrowest rim goes to the front of the gun.

: : Inspect the valve that the cup seal seats against.

ALWAYS INSTALL AND REMOVE USING A WOOD DOWEL ROD.

ANYTHING METAL WILL DING THE VALVE SEAT.

: : Is there any nicks or dings in the edge that seals against the cup seal?

: I just pulled the damned thing apart again, and there are a few TINY scratches on the sealing edge...so what? do I need a new valve now?

You might need a new valve but don't run to the store yet.....

IF YOU WIND UP HAVING TO buy a valve, YOU CAN TRY TO USE SOME 600 + GRIT FINNISHING WET SANDPAPER OR CROCUS CLOTH ON A VERY FLAT SURFACE AND REFINNISH THE OLD VALVE SEAL EDGE BY SANDING IT DOWN A BIT.

I am zero for two tries myself. If you get it the slightest bit crooked, it leaks. I would suggest instead of sanding back and forth, to rotate it while holding it flat and square against the flat surface.

Might as well buy a LP valve if you have to replace it. Not that much more. You can pick up a reg later. It will work with High Pressure until you can get a LP reg.

I also know a short cut for a reg. About $20-30 for a reg. If pretty isn't important to you. Send me a E mail to ddupont@charter.net

: : Tell me about recocking again. Won't recock manually, or pneumatically when you fire it?

: It wont recock pneumatically. Its like my tank is emptying, but it was just filled.

Even with a few scratches on the valve seat, it should recock pneumatically.

Assuming it is NOT the valve, Inspect and / or replace the hammer O ring. You need to carry a spare anyway.

You haven't gone LP or lowered the reg on your Studder right?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.