paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Re: Here was my plan of attack on this

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by shadow_walker on July 29, 2002 at 16:46:54:

In Reply to: Here was my plan of attack on this posted by BuzzNJ on July 29, 2002 at 13:58:34:

: : : : You know what I mean, people? I just scrolled down the list, and half of what I saw what what people think of their setups, or this classic: "what upgrade should I get?" Sorry if it sounds like I'm flaming here, but it gets a little old after a while. Now, the people asking actual technical questions, I can understand that. Alot of the questions are real simple, though. But I can understand that, because the newer players don't exactly know a whole lot about their guns, so they need to know about that. I'm rambling here.....oh yeah. We need to talk more tech instead of opinions and the like. WHO'S WITH ME?! anybody....bah. =) Hellrazor out.

: : : Alright then, here's a GREAT tech question for you, from one engineer to another..(And if you're not an engineer, oh well).

: : : What VOLUME difference is there between shooting at normal pressure (800 PSI) and LP (say, somewhere between 300-400 PSI). Since the claim is LP increases your shots per tank, you'd have to be using less gas per shot than normal pressure. However the other claim is that at LP more gas has to be used to accelerate the ball to the same velocity as normal pressure, which conflicts with the claim of more shots/tank. So the question is what is the difference in volume used/shot between the two and how it adds up overall. Good extra credit for anyone taking physics right now.

: : AHH Ha Ha Ha! He won't answer, i know he doesn't know this, he was never really the brainy type. Anyways, won't the springs matter also, cause say a hard main spring will make the co2 (for example) hit the ball harder, and when this happens, you don't need alot of air/psi. Just a thought. lemme look at your post again and ill try to figure it out, thanks for giving me something to do by the way. Later.

: Poor hellrazor! Always getting ripped :)

: You're right-and the key to this problem is figuring out that legnth of time that the valve is open. I just figured work from the assumption that the spring balance was correct and pick an arbitrary pressure (I say 300 PSI since I'm putting an AKA Tornado in my Compact, and that's the pressure they say it works best at). Although I think if it can be worked down to the right equations you could create graphs of pressure vs. volume/dwell time.

: I'm doing a few rough calculations, and I'll repost if I come up with anything. Glad I could put up something thought provoking.

Yeah, too bad hellrazor and i are the only "active" ones in the forum.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.