paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder
Regulator & Upgrade Questions (then I'm finished)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Posted by TheMaskedBowler on July 20, 2002 at 02:22:33:

Hi. I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has responded to all my questions. You've all been very helpful during my re-initiation to paintball, especially since there are no real pro shops anywhere near me. Here's my final batch of questions, and then I'll have my final setup complete. Thanks again!

Regulators/Air System stuff
I've been looking at a lot of regulators (now that I understand what they actually do), and I'm trying to decide which one I should get. I'm going to be using CO2, because I'd like to keep the cost down, since I'm going to end up paying as much for a barrel and a reg as I will for my gun and because I'm only going to be playing paintball once every few weeks at best and only during the spring/summer... Which one of these regulators will work best on a Spyder TL? (or TL+, depends on what's cheaper when I go to buy it.)

Quick question first: what does ASA mean in the phrase "Male bottle threads on the output end for direct input to standard ASA. Most commonly used in the vertical position. Gauge can be installed to read regulated pressure." That's from a Palmer product description. I don't have a clue what ASA means...

Anyway, the regs I've been looking at are:
Pure Energy's Vertical In-Line Regulator Model 1157

Palmer 's Pursuit Shop's Rock and/or MiniRock regulators.

The Kingman-made Spyder Regulator Kit. This can also be found at this link.

Which one of these regulator systems will do the job best (and cheapest), considering that I'm not a tourney player and I'm only going to be using the gun maybe 7-10 times per year at the absolute most? If you all can suggest any regulators that I may not have heard about that would work better, please feel free to tell me.

My only other air system question is this: will I still need to get an anti-siphon or anything else aside from the regulator? It seems like the Spyder TL comes with just about everything else I need (expansion chamber and all that).

Barrels
The barrel is the second and only other upgrade I ever plan on buying. I'm going to get a Lapco Autospirit (or maybe a BigShot). Good choice? And is there really any significant performance difference between the 12" and 14" versions? (And if there is, what is it?) Oh yeah, and will the barrel just slide right into place, or do I need to get some sort of adapter or something like that?

Well, there you go. Spyder TL, regulator of some sort, and a Lapco barrel. How does that sound, heh? Thanks again for all your help!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Spyder ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.