paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant
Re: Hmmm.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant ]

Posted by Superannuated on Novembe r 15, 2001 at 00:40:28:

In Reply to: poor effeciency posted by timmay on Novembe r 09, 2001 at 01:48:24:

: My bushy is being a real gas hog. I'm getting around 300 shots out of my 48ci tank. I have a vigilante reg, and a freak barrel. I just installed a new wiring harness if that makes a difference.

: Any help would be greatly appreciated

::: Is your 48ci a 3,000 psi tank? If so, even if you improve your air efficiency you will be limited as to how much paint you can shoot. A 68/4,500 makes a lot more sense. Even so, only 300 shots is not good.

:::The wiring harness should make no difference. The Freak means that your paint/barrel match should be good (not way loose). The Vigilante shouldn't cause any efficiency problems (though you want to make sure that it's clean and the o-ring is lightly greased). I assume you are using the stock valve and bolt.

I would: 1- check for any leaks, 2- check my LP reg to see that it'snot set above 90 psi (find someone with a Sonic pressure gauge for the Bushy), 3- check to see that the ram mechanism is clean, greased and working smoothly. If all these check out OK, you may have a solenoid problem, and may want to send the gun to ICD to check and fix (though you may want to replace the stock inline reg so they will fix it on warrantee).

Regards,

Superannuated

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.