paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant
Re: bushy trigger

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant ]

Posted by chuckwagon on Novembe r 04, 2001 at 17:52:18:

In Reply to: Re: bushy trigger posted by Superannuated on Novembe r 01, 2001 at 20:30:03:

: : can a bm2k's trigger be adjusted to just as light as angel???

: :: Since both the Angel and the Bushy use an electric switches (that require virtually no force to actuate) behind their triggers, you can make the pull about as light as you want. In their stock form either 'gun gives a very good trigger pull for potential accuracy; it's usually the desire for a higher rate of fire that drives guys to a lighter trigger pull.

:
: There are a few characteristics of a trigger pull that affect performance. Lightness is just one of them. Some of the others are: length of pull, overtravel, front/back play (or"slop") and sideways play.

: The Angel's trigger has no slop, and can be adjusted to be very short and with nil overtravel (how far the trigger moves rearward after the 'gun has shot. It can also be adjusted for lightness.

: The Bushy's trigger is easily adjusted for length and overtravel by adjusting the two set screws in the trigger. The sideways slop in the stock trigger can be lessened by installing a wider aftermarket trigger (I tried one but went back to the narrow stock trigger; I like being able to tap the trigger at a 45 degree angle to shoot the 'gun).

: You can also lighten the Bushy's trigger pull by replacing the spring that sits above the trigger with a lighter spring. To do this you need to remove the pins that hold the trigger in place. I think the instructions can be found at www.obdo.net (bushy/defiant owner's site).

: HOWEVER, it probably won't increase your rate of fire. The Bushy's stock trigger is as light as or lighter than the Angel's. The Angel shoots quickly because it can be set very short; its slightly heavier spring actually returns the trigger to the forward position a little faster than if it were lighter. Some guys actually set up their Bushies with a short pull, nil overtravel and a slightly heavier spring. Mine is set up short, with no overtravel and the stock spring. I can shoot it as quickly as I can a well set-up Angel.

: Hope this helped.

: Regards,

: Superannuated

what i meant was the trigger pull my bad but u did help thanx

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Bushmaster 2000 / Defiant ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.