paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: impulse upgrades

In Reply to: impulse upgrades posted by nathan feldman on November 30, 2003 at 21:00:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"Zippy4Impyz" Palm Bay/ Lakeland

on September 29, 2004 at 11:11:12

Any smartparts marker is set apart from all the others. This is because they put their own aftermarket products onto the markers as a stock option. such as barrels, regulators, and low pressure operating systems. because of this, you dont need to throw good money into it at the start. The first upgrade you will need is a vision. Vision is an upgrade board that will prevent you from being able to chop a paintball. The smartparts Vision is $175.00 and will do the job. But there is a company called Wicked Air Sportz or WAS ( www.wickedairsportz.com )that makes a type of vision called the equilizer board. Paired with the optional equalink ( connection between computer and board ) this thing rocks. The board its self is $150.00 and the equalink is another $50.00. The next upgrade I would recommend is a megnetic blade trigger. There are many manufacturers of these but the only one I can vouch for is Planet Eclipse. I have the Eclipse Magnetic trigger and it packs a punch offering a wide range of resistance put up by the trigger. this is the only one I have used so ask others that have different triggers if you can try them or shop around and look for the one that suits you best. Then I would recommend an LPR to give you some air efficiency and will get rid of shoot down problems. The evil respirator LPR is really nice because its small and is all internal so theere are no small hoses to break or snag on. next it would be a good idea to get a twister feedneck ( or clamping ). www.fbmfactory.com makes a good one. Then you will want a new bolt. I can recommend the shocktech superfly bolt. it is durable and made of delrin so you dont have to lube it. it is also one of the most accurate bolts out there. it youe get a delrin bolt you will want a heavyer hammer to ballance out the weight loss. Once again I can recommend the shocktech half brass half steel hammer. this will ballance the delrin wile also giving you better air efficiency. this is also the last hammer you will ever need because the stainless steel will never ding up or get dammaged. now the rest is mainly cosmetic and unneeded for performance but its always fun to get looks at the field with a cool milling and anno job. If you dont already have them you will also need an air tank ( or co2 with anti-siphon, not recommended ), and a fast feeding hopper. for tanks I can recommend a PMI Pure Energy tank as I have 3 of them and they are superb. and also the Viewloader Evolution2 hopper with Zboard for its ability to be reloaded in just seconds and then the lid flipped back and ready for action.( y board is the stock board and will load 18bps, zboard is 23bps you decide what you need. ) the halo B w/ rip drive is also a nice hopper but doesnt reload as easily. I hope this nice little write up on impulse upgrades can help anyone who reads it. these are my oppinions as being a player for about 2years now and there are many opinions out there that will differ from mine, so shop around and look for what you really want within your price range.
-- Zak Little

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.