paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Retirement

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"Hollywood"

on June 30, 2004 at 15:06:37

OK, boys and girls, in ten days (10 July) I turn 60, and on 31 July, the government starts sending me fat checks each month, just for sitting on my butt.

So, with retirement just a short month away, the time has come to express my thanks to the many friends I have made over the years. Thanks for supporting me, and reading my stories in the magazines.

Thanks to the editors and publishers that have published my stories, and who have made me a household name.

Thanks to those who have put up with my shenanigans, my arrogance, and silly stuff, especially the scenario directors who allowed me to get away with selling used Geshtunkuna Rays, only used once, by a little old lady on her way to church.

It's been a wild ride for 15 years, and I've met a lot of good and decent people. I've met some horses' asses, too, but now is not the time to talk about unplesant people.

Paintball people are the best people in the world, and it's been a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of this great sport. To all, thank you.

But I'm not going to "ride off into the sunset" like the western hero of a 1950's "B" movie. I'll still be around. You'll see me at the World Cup and the Grand Finale, and possibly some other major events. Hell, I may even write a story or two.

There are some folks whose events I promised I would cover through the end of the year, so my name will still be up there for a while. And there are stories in the can that have not been published yet, but will turn up in the next few weeks.

After retirement, I'll continue to write, but on my own terms. Since "on my own terms" means "I want a bucket full of money!", I probably won't write very much. But, like the lady of the evening said, "If I can't sell it, gonna keep sittin' on it! Never catch me givin' it away!"

So, to one and all, thank you. It's been a fantastic 15 years!

"Hollywood"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.