paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: New Indoor Field in Central Florida - Suggestions

In Reply to: New Indoor Field in Central Florida - Suggestions posted by on May 03, 2004 at 20:05:12:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"entrigme1" Merrit Island FL

on May 07, 2004 at 16:07:44

: I am part of an investment company based out of Orlando, Florida and one of my partners and I have been working on a prospective paintball project in the Orlando area (probably Longwood, if you know the area. Possibly I-drive).

: I'm going to go ahead and tell you everything as planned, since I don't expect anyone is just going to take the idea and run with it (or someone already would have).

: We're planning on buying one or several old shopping centers with anchor stores of between 20,000 and 40,000 square feet. These stores will be converted into indoor fields with one adjacent unit providing a pro shop and the rest of the units leased out.

: This basic premise will provide an ideal walk-on location as well as easy access for the players to good restaurants and other services right down the sidewalk.

: As far as the aesthetics of the field, we will completely rehab and refinish. Everything will look good and complete. We have a construction division and the funds to completely build this thing before it opens, so it's never going to look trashed. We can build a complete city of woodframe buildings inside the field, if that's what we deem prudent.

: I'm currently doing market research along the lines of drawing the non-paintball community...but that's not what this post is about. I want to know what the hardcore paintball community wants.

: Pretend there are no budget constraints (because there aren't, if the plan is good enough) and tell me what you would want to see along the lines that I've stated.

: Would you want the inside turned into a forest? A city? A jungle? All of the above?

: I've pretty much determined that the field would be open 7 days a week and that there would be special events per day (wargame night, speedball night with strobes and fog machines) and there would also be league games set up much like a bowling center for those who don't have their own team already. Prizes, of course. I plan on having Airsoft as well. Sound and lighting effects for wargame nights, etc.

: Full service pro-shop will go in, inventory greater than anything currently in Orlando.
:
: Oh....and in case you're wondering...we will have competitive prices. This will NOT be an expensive place to play, I assure you.

: Finally, if this plan gets off the ground it WILL BE FRANCHISED and similar models will be scattered throughout the country. We will not begin this project unless it can be franchised easily. That means that everyone's input is appreciated, because you might have one near you eventually.

: Thanks for reading, I'll be checking up for questions and input!

: J

The one thing that ypu really need to look at for the fieldis the flooring. One of the biggest drawbacks of indoor places are the way the floor are treated. Sand is right out! I have a marker that has taken me two years and a couple of thousand dollars to get right, I am not going to tear it up playing in a sand box. Maybe the same stuff they use on playgrounds, the ground up tires? I know that would'nt get into the marker. Anyway, that is my two cents and good luck and let us know when you open, I will make the drive over.

Entrigme
Recon 1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.