paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Stolen Marker; Catch the Thief

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"Hugh McElvey"

on May 03, 2004 at 20:41:12

As Scenario Director for Old River Paintball in Ocklawaha, Florida, I"ve written and directed in excess of 20 games including many 24 hour scenarios. We've entertained several thousand players of all types and covering every level of playing ability in the last 4 years. All want to have a good time, try to do the right thing in the face of a physical assault with a weapon and are trust-worthy to a fault. We had a 24 hour game this weekend and, though we didn't have the number of players we were hoping for, it turned out to be one of those games that just flows and feels right. The players showed great, stand up play and everyone left happy. I left feeling elated like I always do when a game goes well and the players really get their money's worth. That all changed when I got home Sunday night and cleaned out my truck. As I started cleaning equipment (yes, I played the last mission to see how it flowed), I discovered that someone had gotten into my truck on Saturday night and took my A5 Tippman from my gear bag. This particular marker has a reactive trigger, flatline barrel and has served me very well during several games that I've been the general or a key role player. The concept that someone would get into my vehicle under the cover of darkness and steal my marker, a new pair of medium sized JT gloves, and a freak box with the name MAC on it and only seven inserts in it ( my son had put together my Impulse earlier and it, thankfully, it had ended up in his car instead of my truck. I've never had anything stolen from a paintball field; we're there as kindred brothers and the thought is totally repugnant. I've called the serial number, 022548, to the local authorities and now give it to the world via the e-voice of paintball, WARPIG, in hopes that someone will find this low life and let's get him off our paintball fields. He doesn't belong there and shouldn't be amongst us. The the vast majority of players out there I say , Play On! To the low life thief amoungst us, I say that your time will come and hope that they put you where you belong for a long, long time. Hugh
P.S. If you come up with a lead to put this thief away, then I'll reward you. It is worth real money to get him (or her) off our fields. If you are the thief and have come to your senses, give me a call too; I can forgive and will pray for you to get your act together. The number for either case is 352-795-0458.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.