paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

I'm surprised at Flurry Industries.

In Reply to: A new low for PB companies posted by on February 26, 2004 at 04:57:24:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"Cilio- Knightmare Tango" NJ

on February 26, 2004 at 18:25:32

I don't know the owner/owners of Flurry but it would seem as if they are trying to trick people into buying their product instead of the products they were actually looking for. A person who is looking for the Cops911 site, after seeing some of their equipment, happens to forget to type in the "s" in cops911 and they end up at the Flurry site. My feeling on this situation is that a person that would seemingly use trickery to get someone to go to their site might be capable of using that same lack of ethics in their dealing with customers.

I've known Robert, the owner of Cops911 for about a year. I had seen some of their equipment on the guys from DBD and was very impressed with the quality and design. Rob came up to us and introduced himself at an EMR event and we found him to be a very likeable person who seemed to be a straight forward, honest guy. We put a link on our web site to simply support what we believed was a quality product made by a quality person. Note: It should be mentioned that Cops911 offered our a sponsorship about a month ago and we accepted it because of our feelings about both his products and him as a person. Sponsored or not, my feelings would be exactly the same.

It would be interesting to hear the reason, of those in charge of Flurry Industries, behind doing what they did. I'm shocked that a company that has chosen to support scenario ball by sponsoring events would seemingly mislead those same people it is supporting. Hopefully they will choose to shed some light on this. After that happens, it would obviously be up to people to decide for themselves whether they are bothered by these actions and wish to support them.

: I guess a new line needs to be added to: "Alls fair in love and war". Now we need to add "and business". Or so it would seem based on the new action taken by Flurry Ind.
: Flurry Ind. bought the domain:
: www.COP911.com
: If you type that in it takes you to the Flurry site.
: You need to type:
: www.COPS911.com
: to reach the COPS 911 company site.

: I wonder what idiot at Flurry decided on that tactic?
: I suppose that they might get some sales out of it, but that is a pretty
: slimey thing to do. I do not see how they could possibly justify a
: move like that. Cop911 instead of Cops911.
: As far as I'm concerned this will backfire by giving the Cops 911
: company a lot more publicity and Flurry a black eye with PB players.

: RTD

: Flurry, you have only one course open to you.. fess up, take the hit
: and apologize.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.