paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: First Amendment right to express your opinion!

In Reply to: First Amendment right to express your opinion! posted by Perry on January 12, 2004 at 23:28:22:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"Head Hunter" St. Charles, Mo. suburb of St. Louis

on January 14, 2004 at 17:00:07

I started this and I WAS wrong to do it. Blame me not Perry or Bill.

No one should speak on behalf of any individual that has a business interest in paintball. One should not put words in their mouths.

I thought I had, at least, quoted him correctly but I hadn't. I was REALLY wrong about that. I shouldn't have been speaking about what I mistakenly heard or just remember only what I wanted to hear be said.

I realized that and called Perry to apologize. I apologize to him and all the Forum members publically right NOW. I'm sorry, Perry. I will endeavor to restrain myself.... AND

You ALL are invited to remind me should you notice me getting carried away again here or on any other forum.

Nothing like a little peer pressure to keep us all in line.

I invite it. I need it. You know it. If you don't, just ask my wife.

Same thing applies in my comments about Bill Bailey's Tour of Duty. Upon checking his website again for the 2004 rebooked fields, I was clearly WRONG again. Posted that on that thread for the record.

I want to apologize to Bill Bailey publically, here and now for my error and mis-statement.

I'm sorry Bill.

In addition, in the same discussion about my advocating for BYOPaint Games, I used his business by name as an example of poor paint quality that players encounter way too often.

I also mentioned D Day by name and their 2002 paint with flat spot all over it. By the way, 2003 had several brands available for players to pick from. Heard no paint complaints in 2003.

True or NOT, It can be argued that it is really BAD Form to mention those fields by name.

A valid arguement and certain applies to my naming Bill's business by name because he IS working on and will resolve those problems. It is NOT a burning issue for anyone to worry about.

To that extent I owe Bill Baily another apology. Sorry Bill. Really sorry.

I STILL FEEL ANYONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST THEIR OPINIONS: Those that disagree can post theirs. That is what Forums are all about. Communication in all its forms.

WHY should an individual player NOT share their good and bad paintball experiences at a Forum like this?

Why not review a game? Why NOT be a good consumer? What is wrong with giving other players a heads up about a problem so they can choose where they want to go and how to spend their money?

Why shouldn't anyone like Bill or Perry feel the need to counter what they feel is incorrect statements? I didn't get it right, they said so, I was wrong, and said so.

The lesson to be learned is that if you are going to name a game, business, producer, etc. it should certainly be factual information. Mine wasn't. Still trying to figure out HOW I got that rebooking idea in my head... I saw the schedule posted. Guess I just didn't read it carefully.

First hand experiences only. Certainly not quoting the rumor mill at a game as a fact. Paintballers are known to exaggerate just like fisherman and being both, I don't think they cancel out each other out.

Someone commented that I'm conflicted by complaining and then in the same post, saying what a good time I had.

If you are going to publish a review of a game, you should endeavor to balance your review.

It should include the good things that happened. The fun you had, the preparation of the fields, etc. Include the good with the bad for the good of the sport.

It is EASY to be negative, to complain, whine, and my favorite: Grump, Grump, Grump, Grump.

We all see plenty here and it is OK within limits that I obviously didn't follow this week.

It is rude to post on any one of many paintball forums about a game or business and not have delivered the same information to the fields management. Let them know. See if you get a response. THEN Post.

What is really hard, that I try to do and encourage everyone else to do, is to make posts and emails about complaints with not only the beef but to make as many constructive suggestions that I can think of How to resolve it. I endeavor to be proactive. We all should.

Badmouthing is EASY. Comming up with Good Ideas is a LOT harder.

If you can't come up with a good idea how to solve a problem maybe that should fall into the WELL STUFF HAPPENS category and just keep your mouth shut and let it slide giving the field,player,store, etc the benefit of the doubt.

Try to be proactive especially when a pattern has been established that keeps resurfacing from numerous sources year after year.

Oklahoma D Day is the best known example.

The SAME issues keep boiling around Oklahoma D Day every year.

Players on both sides are getting frustrated and angry because of the chronic nature of the same issues and problems.

EVERY YEAR!

It has begun to get a little ugly and I really think it is getting out of hand. In this case, I believe that is a good thing...

What is noticably ABSENT in all the posts here and elsewhere is the Oklahoma D Day Management.

Bill, Perry feel a need to defend their business interests. Vigorously. Both mentioned they aren't getting rich either.

Why not DEWAYNE? He has a HUGE business interest to protect.

I've had my own business. I put every spare dime right back into building the business. I will wager he isn't getting rich either. Dewayne seems to be pouring money right back into the development of the field year after year. Making it a paintball field FOR US that few if any can begin to rival.

I really haven't a clue why it would be in HIS best business interests NOT to try to pubically address these chronic issues. Tell us what to expect and then do it. How hard would that be?

Maybe he has and I haven't seen it.

ANYBODY show me where he has.... I hang mostly here at Warpig.

Sometimes if you respond, you can stir the pot and other things float to the surface. It can backfire on you. I can understand the hesitancy to respond vs letting it fade away.

The problems at D Day aren't fading away. Are the problems actually getting worse or people just getting more frustrated and louder with their complaints? I am. You've heard my opinions AND FRUSTRATIONS. I is hard to stay constructive.

But I also am not giving up on D Day as many people have. I'm trying to work for some positive changes. I WANT to Play there. No hesitancy about that short of a 455 fps paintball between the eyes. It is a field worth playing. More than a time or two. You could play 5 years in a row just on the Allies and not be in the same group and attack a new area of the field each year. Then he makes changes over 6 years and it is all different anyway.

It could be SOOOOOooooo much Greater if he would just address these issues in some way. By word and most importantly by actions we can SEE at the Game.

His the level, visibility, or lack of communication with the paintball community creates and supports the allegation that he just doesn't want to address these player concerns.

No apology for Dewayne. Not until the game is safe as other large games I have attended.

But I can Still be your biggest fan and supporter. I gave you suggestions over and over. E mails, phone calls, your forum, here and elsewhere. One every other field I attend uses. Common practice. I'm not asking for the moon here.

NOW I'm going to cool it for a while. We've had enough controversy for this week. Month. I'm way behind in our special weapons development schedule.

Maybe I just figured out why....

You don't suppose this has just been a ploy by the Germans to Keep me in front of the computer 4 hours a day instead of the basement developing D Day special weapons? If it was, it worked.

Congrats to the German Psy Ops....

Back to the R & D.

Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.